Provoncha Seagull Fetish?

After the passing of my brother John, I have spent a lot of time going through old photos. Jared wanted some for the wake and I have been posting a new photo of John each day on Facebook. Also, my previous two posts in this BLOG have been mostly photos. I started to see something. You could call it an analysis of big data (I have over 50,000 photos online) or just how my brain works. I saw that seagulls have played a role in not only my life but that of the whole family.

Here is a photo of my paternal grandmother Lois Orvis Provoncha. She is on Daytona Beach in front of the pier with a flock of seagulls next to her. Was she feeding them?


Daytona Beach, my father feeding the seagulls. Maybe it was a one-time occurrence...

Nope, there is Dad (Harold) feeding the seagulls again, he must have learned it from his mother...


So, we all know John liked to feed the seagulls. I am sure his kids can attest to that. I do have some proof. Look at my little nephew Israel learning from his dad how to do it. John, I know, learned from our dad.

And of course John had to teach his other son Jared and why not a cousin or two. Here is Ellie helping feed the seagulls while visiting Vermont. Training from the best...


And my cousin Harry getting his first chance at the wonder of it all...


Of course, this takes a lot of practice. Why do you think John went to Maine every year. Not to swim, the water is too damn cold. Lobsters, we can buy them in Vermont. No, it was to go to a beach and feed the seagulls.

And then I realized that I have a fascination with seagulls. I take photos of them wherever I go...

Seagull in flight from a cruise ship docked at Nassau Bahamas.


Seagull flying into the sunset from the back of a cruise ship located in the Caribbean somewhere.


In the Galapagos Islands...


By Lake Champlain in Burlington Vermont...


In San Diego California...


In La Jolla California, this guy was trying to steal the towel...


On a ferry boat from St Thomas to St John in the US Virgin Islands...


On a beach called Cinnamon Bay in the USVI...

Even on a dock in Florida at sunset...

So what does this all mean? Hey John, do you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023