Halloween at the Zoo

 As a member of the Brevard Zoo, I have the privilege of going when I want which includes early before  it is officially open, and during special events. During Halloween season, the BIG event is the Boo at the Zoo. From my understanding, it is a fun time for kids to wear costumes and do dome trick or treating. They have music and entertainment including magicians. I know to stay away during those days.  But I can go on the off days and here are some of the decorations they put up, found throughout the whole Zoo.

Entry to the Africa section shows it has been changed to Candy Corn Country...


Even the large snakes have pumpkins. I think the one in the tub was dressed as an eel...

Since the Zoo is not open yet, I get to see the workers cleaning up the poop. This is the Meerkat display, nice pumpkin but I do not think her bag is full of treats...


This is actually not a decoration. A lot of the vultures have moved from the Florida section to Africa. Seems like a long way to go but here they are. I wish they could get rid of them.


The red ruffed lemurs had decorated food dishes...

Now I am leaving the Candy Corn Country...


Where should I go next?


No yellow brick road, but I will ask the scarecrow...


That was no help, brainless!! I will ask they guys outside of the Land of Change.


No help there, even the macaws had weird things hanging on their perches...


and the cockatoo too...


There were witches...


And spiders with webs...


And a bat or two...


One of the local medical entities had a cute banner...


There was even a haunted house for the poisonous toads and snakes from South America

Not a decoration but a red red-legged seriema, could be a mask...


Another banner...


Even the pirate had a pirate decoration...


Yes, there were a few ghosts too...

Outside the swimming area...

At the entrance, there is a big Boo sign. I did not get a photo on my way in because people like to take photos in front of the sign. I figured it would be better when I was leaving. I was wrong, still people there...

Even the exit building had decorations...

If you have kids or grandkids, I bet it is a great time to visit Boo at the Zoo. Not only lots of decorations, but the animals are still there too. I know the Zoo is fun anytime of the year, but this is really cool. Great job Brevard Zoo!

Comments

  1. Our kids loved going to Boo at the zoo... those pictures bring back good memories. Looks like their decorations are much better these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023