Beach, Birds, Blastoff, Bloody Mary, Belgium Brews

 I woke up this morning to find out that there was another launch today. It was beautiful outside so I decided to drive to one of the beaches at PSFB. It was 9:15 am when I arrived at the Beach and the launch was in ten minutes. I guess everyone else also forgot there was a launch as you can see by the crowd on the sand..

There were Birds, the seagulls were happy to be at the beach.



They were congregated as a large group and would move together when I tried to get closer for a close-up photograph. I guess these use the same rules as when they fly together.


There was this guy that had a kid stuck to his chest. I was going to mention it to him but decided that he probably knew. The kid was very interested in my camera as you can see him staring at me...



More Birds, the pelicans were surfing the waves...


Surfers were out and I took a picture of some towers. If you zoom in to the right of the big building (hangar), you can see the Port Canaveral Lighthouse. I did a post a while back about my visit with Winnie & Ralph to the Lighthouse. I never realized I could see it from this far south.


And then it was time for Blastoff, the SpaceX launched more Starlink satellites on a Falcon 9 rocket. from this perspective it looks like the rocket is lifting off  right over Cocoa Beach.

I zoomed into the phot to show the relative size of the rocket. The Falcon 9 is near 225 feet high, or about 20 stories in a building. Although the rocket at liftoff is more than 20 miles north of Cocoa Beach, you can see that the rocket dwarfs the condos.



After the launch, I decided to head towards Cocoa Beach to try out a new restaurant. It is already March and I have not visited any new places in 2022. There is a place called the 4th street Fillin Station.  Here is a photo of the front.


It use to be a Gas Filling Station on 4th street in Cocoa Beach, located on US A1A. I sat at the bar and this was my view towards the East. Those big doors were for the original filling station, the bar is located where they use to fix cars and change the oil.


I decided to try a Bloody Mary, and I asked for spicy. It was very good and it ended up tied in 8th place on my bucket list item to find "The World's Best Bloody Mary". There are currently 32 entries.

Here is the shirt I was wearing when I ordered it. I told Krystal, my bartender, that I would get a cup of coffee as my buddy. It was only about 10 AM.

The new place has lots of outside seating too. Very tropical and Florida-like. I have tried to stop here many times in the past few years but it is always packed for lunch and dinner. I only recently found out that they serve breakfast. Great time to go, there was hardly anyone there.



The breakfast menu is fairly extensive and there were lots of great choices but I went with the Shrimp & Grits Bowl and added a fried egg. It was a little spicy but went well with the spicy Bloody Mary. I think I counted 10 shrimp.

As I was leaving, I took a picture of the bar area where I was sitting. Lots of high top tables in the bar area. I also saw they had a lot of beer choices, which I could not see from my seat I had chosen. It was seat yourself although there is a hostess station.

Here are the beer taps...

Lots of great choices. I will go back. I give the place a 3.5 (Great to Excellent) on my bucket list scale. Only thing that bothered me is there was a charge for using a credit card, but I am seeing more places do that since the pandemic. I did notice that I was not charged for the coffee so the charge was a better deal. I will be going back. If anyone wants to try it for breakfast, let me know, I will drive.

When I got home, after stopping at Suntree Produce Stand, I had a message from my friend Mac Monroe. He was going to have a few Belgium Brews in the mid-afternoon, so I decided to join him. Coasters, a local pub that has my name on the wall, has an annual Belgium weekend. Because of the pandemic, the owner Dave now has a Belgium Month. There was hardly no crowd and Mac and I enjoyed a few assorted beers from Belgium. They had 20 different flavors on tap.

Now I am at home, preparing this post. Bye-bye from BJ, Best Buddy, bugging out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023