On this day - Nov 24

 

Today is Thanksgiving in 2022, and I am Thankful that my parents got together on this day 76 years ago, and got married. They would have four kids, and of course, saving the best one for last.


The ceremony was at Saint Mary's Catholic Church in Middlebury Vermont. The Maid of Honor was my mom Stella's sister Lillian, known by me as Aunt Peasoup. The Best Man was dad Harold's younger brother Kenneth, known by me as Uncle Ken. The kid on the left was Ronny Shackett. mom's cousin and pseudo-brother. Not sure who the old man is next to Mom.

Another shot of the wedding party on November 24, 1946.


The three brothers were together before the wedding at the Provoncha home on Seymour Street. This is Ken, Maurice, and Harold. Apparently Uncle Moose is ready for the day with a bottle of liquor in his arm. This house has since burned down, but it was the home of Uncle Moose and his wife Aunt Peggy and their four kids: Marcia, Charlie, Joe, and Mary.

In 1983, Thanksgiving also fell on this date. This is me having dinner at Mom & Dad's trailer in Melbourne. On the left is my dad's mom Lois, known by me as Grandma. That is Harold on the right. Mom was taking the picture.


On this day in 1986, the wedding party got back together for the 40th reunion. Looks like Mom is saying Cheese (or Jesus take the picture) and Dad has his Fire & Ice Restaurant shirt on, where John was chef at the time. Uncle Ken and Aunt Peasoup are looking great. All are no longer with us, but I am still Thankful for the memories.

Amazingly, not too many other photos showed up for this date. There was this video of the SpaceX rocket landing at the port that I took back in 2018.


Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving BJ… Jose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jose. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023