Golf stays on course, of course...

One of the things I have been doing since my retirement is the continuation of playing the great game of golf.  Why, do I say, it is a great game?  I am okay at it. If I wanted to spend the time and effort, I could improve my game, but I also think I would enjoy it less if I were better.  I see great players not enjoying the game.  They miss a shot and they get all upset, swearing, or throwing clubs. I don't want to be that way.

I think the game of golf is great because it gets me outdoors for a few hours with friends.  I currently have a regular foursome and we like to play once or twice a week.  I also join in once a month with a group that plays at a private country club. I really enjoy the company of both of these groups. I like the lunch after the round and maybe a beer or two.  Golf is just a means to be outside and then drink beer.

What I do not like about golf is that as I get older, I just do not play as well as when I was younger.  The ball does not fly as far.  Teeing the ball before a drive and retrieving it from the cup involves a lot of grunting and groaning.  The groups I play with sometimes don't even know which direction they hit the ball because their eyesight is failing.  But that is all minor  stuff, golf will probably stay an activity in my retirement.


What I need to do is play at some exotic courses around the world. Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023