Pizza then Wings & Rings

The end of the calendar year is fast approaching and I am getting behind on my new restaurants. I can give excuses but I will not here because I still believe I will make my bucket list goal.

This past week I went ot two new places. One was a pizza parlor and the other served typical American Bar food including wings and rings.

The first place is called the NY Pizza Spot and is located on 192 in a Publix shopping center just West of the Melbourne Square Mall. Like a lot of places that I visit, this one had an article recently in the Florida Today . It was a nice article so I thought I might give it a try. Entering the place, there is nothing that stands out. The guy behind the counter was friendly and asked if I was getting take out or dining in. I said I would be dining in and he siad I could set anywhere.
The counter at The NY Pizza Spot
It took a while before a waitress came over but one finally did, I think she was the only one in the place. I received a menu and ordered a draft beer.  I was in the mood for a slice or two of pizza so I ordered two slices with pepperoni. It was not too long before the slices came out very hot. The table already had all the condiments for pizza topping including red chili flakes, parmesian cheese, garlic salt,  and oregano plus the standard salt and pepper.
Two pepperoni slices at NY Pizza Spot
I ate the pizza properly like a New Yorker, folding the slice in half and eating like a sandwich. I did like that they were friendly with the pepperoni slices. The beer was cold, the pizza was hot and delicious. I was happy. But there is no Italian decor here, it felt like I was in a school cafeteria. Also, it took a while before I saw the check. So the food was a 3 (great) but I am giving the place a 2.5 (good to great). I was looking for some ambiance. BTW, the slices were huge and I probably could have gotten by with just one.

This past Sunday I went to the Art Festival in Cocoa Beach. There were lots of great artists, live music, and the beer was cold. There were a few food trucks but none that caught my fancy. So I headed back to the car which was parked at Jonathan's Pub.  They are famous for there thick sandwiches which still have 1980 prices. Not entirely true but it is a deal. On the way there, I saw a place called Jenna's Breezeway. I thought it would be new and hopefully have a nice menu.
Menu Cover
Left side of menu

Right side of menu



As I was perusing the menu. I was actually sitting in a Breezeway. I took a photo looking out the back where there was a beach with lawn games and picnic tables. I did read they have bands that play here. It looks like a local's hangout.
Looking out the breezeway at Jenna's Breezeway
All the tables in the place were of the picnic variety so I could tell it was not too fancy. I did see a couple with a dog so I also think they are dog friendly.
Couple with dog
I had ordered a beer which came out quick but after that the service was a little slow. They were busy but it was not until I went to the bathroom, that I realized that there was another whole bar in the area next to the breezeway. So there were a lot more people than I realized. I was not real hungry so I ordered five wings, with the Cajun Dry Rub.  They also had onion rings on the appetizers so I ordered those too.

Wings & Rings at Jenna's Breezeway
The wings were great. They asked if I wanted ranch or blue cheese but I declined. They still brought out carrots and celery with the wings.
Five Cajun Dry Rub Wings
The onion rings came in an interesting bottle bowl with a sauce that included horseradish. I like to eat my rings with a mustard/ketchup combo so I used the sauce for my celery and carrots. Not special about the rings but they were edible and tasty.
Onion Ring Appetizer at Jenna's Breezeway
There were ample rings so five wings was perfect. I would be interested in some of the other wing flavors they had, so I probably will come back some day. Their web page pushes the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich but that was more than I wanted. If the service was a little quicker, I proably would have given this place a 3 but I dropped it to 2.5 (good to great). Lunch should be quick. What the hell do I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023