Become a Local Guide

Recently, I became a Local Guide for Google Maps. I was already going to a lot of different places because of my bucket list goal. And the apps are getting smarter and knowing where you are and where you are taking photos. So I said why not, let me try it. After three weeks, I just moved to Level 3.

I get points for posting a review, or posting a photo, or answering some yes-no questions about a place. It is pretty easy to do and I am amazed at the exposure. I have done 17 reviews, mostly of restaurants but I did do the Brevard Zoo and the Amway Center. I posted 28 photos that have been view 1,828 times. One picture, a photo of the Oysters Rockefeller at Thirsty Clam in Grant, has had 388 views. Not bad!

I needed 50 points to get to level three. It will take 200 points to get to level four. I have got some invites from Google to work with other guides but there was nothing local. (The nearest was in Miami)  It looks more popular in other parts of the world. One thing I am going to ask them about is having a way to see what beers a place serve.  My group of frineds have an interest in that and it would be cool to do it through Google Maps. Sounds like a retirement project!

Today, I went to Bianco's Big League Eatery in Rockledge.  There was an article about the place in today's TODAY paper. I posted two photos less than 3 hours ago and they both have 7 views already.
Sign on Bianco's Big League Eatery
The place is located on Barton Avenue in a strip mall. I did not see it the first time I passed it and almost missed it after turning around.  Their sign is nicer that another place that says Diner above the door. Might have to try that place someday, probably generic diner food in a place called the Diner.

If you like baseball, this place, although small, is full of baseball memorabilia. Even the menu is full of baseball terms and legends.
Part of the menu at Bianco's Big League Eatery
First I ordered a beer. They do not have drafts, only bottles but they do bring a cold glass, I am sure my friend Mac would love that (that is sarcasm for my Sheldon-like friends.)  I ordered the Yaz, but they were out of pastrami. Just my luck so I had to read through the menu a second time looking for lunch.  They do have a food challenge called the Babe.
Check out the Babe at Bianco's Big League Eatery
Way too much for lunch. Ha-ha! So I ordered the Upper Deck:
Our Seasoned Burger Topped with a Grilled Portabella Mushroom, Grilled Onions and Swiss Cheese
They have both a 6 ounce and 10 ounce burger. I went with the 6 ounce. As I was waiting for my food I walked around and looked at the memorabilia and took some photos....

Baseball photos
More baseball photos
Ted Williams
 Finally, my burger arrived. It comes with your choice of French fries, home-made chips, or cole slaw. I got the slaw because I knew the burger would be big. The six ounce was more than I could handle. Be very hungry if you get the 10 ounce.
Upper Deck Burger with Cole slaw and cold beer
 Although the burger was very messy, it was great. Things were falling all over the place but I successfully got it down. I will give this place a 3.0 (Great) and I will come back to try that reuben (The Yaz) someday. The only weird thing is they gave me a straw with my beer. I am not a high school girl! Oh God, that was not politically correct....should I apologize or not...NOT!

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023