New Restaurant #13 - Lucky Me

After I visisted the Cape Cnaveral National Cemetery on Sunday, I decided to stop at the Brix Project for lunch. It is located on US1 just south of Titusville. About a mile south of SR-50 is the Playalinda Brewing Company, and the Brix Project is the dining and tasting room for the brewery. Before I give a score, I can say I will be back again. For people familiar with that area, it is just south of the Eckler's Classic Chevrolet. When I moved to Brevard back in 1979, the Eckler's store was the place to view corvettes, tons of them!

About the Brix Project, I will steal from their web page:
"Playalinda Brewing Company – Brix Project houses a production and distribution brewery; a full kitchen serving some of the most creative fare on the Space Coast seven days a week; an outdoor Beer Garden; indoor community, private and bar seating; and coming late 2017 – a distillery."
The entrance sign...

 The parking lot was full so I figured the place would be packed. It is seat yourself according to the sign.

Although I was there for lunch at a new restaurant for me, I needed a beer after my visit to the national cemetery. I do not mind cemeteries, I actually find them calming and creating a great stillness in my mind. But I was back with the living and it was a brewery. I have included the beer menu.


The first one to catch my eye was the Strawbeery Blonde. It is served in a Pilsner glass and has an ABV of 5.0%. I found it to be a beer first, with a hint of strawberry. Very refreshing!

My second beer choice was the Key Lime Slice. It too is served in a Pilsner glass and has an ABV of 5.0%. If you like key lime pie, you will like this beer. Before  serving, they ask if you want your glass dipped in whipped cream. Of course I said yes, I am not drinking beer, I am eating dessert. Wonderful flavor!

My third and last beer was the White Stout. It is served in a pint glass and is 5.0% ABV. It has a very strong coffee taste with a hint of chocolate. It sure did not look like a stout, but it did taste like one. Great beer to end my tasting.  They do have six and ten beer flights. I need to visit with company to split the ten. Any takers?

The bar is very large with a view into the brewery through windows. By the time I left, the bar was full of people.


As I said, I was here to eat lunch. It was Sunday and they had a special brunch menu. They said I could only order off it until 1 PM. It was 12:30 and I was hungry.
 My first choice was the lox flatbread. It was delicious with a strawbeery blonde.
 The main course was the fish and grits. A fried catfish filet served with garlic parmesan grits with an advocado ranch drizzle.

They do serve crowlers and growlers. The first photo is of my bartender preparing some crowlers. They are actually 32 ounce cans that they seal with a special device behind the bar.  The second picture shows some of the glass growlers they have.


My first visit to the Palyalinda Brewing Company Brix Project as a 4.0 (excellent). I definitely will be back (this is the third time I have said that in this post so I am starting to believe it). Happy Memorial Day. never forget!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023