New Restaurant #22 - At The Port

After taking pictures of the SpaceX launch, I saw that it was only four o'clock so I thought I stop at one of the restaurants/bars at Port Canaveral. I have included a Google map of the area, my choices were Milliken's Reef, Rusty's Seafood, Fishlips, and Grills Seafood. All places I have been and I knew had cold beer. But as I was turning into Flounder St, I saw the Rising Tide and I was hoping they opened at 4 PM since it was only 4:02 PM. Sure enough, they were open.

The full name is Rising Tide Tap & Table. According to Brandon, my bartender and server, it had been open three weeks as of Monday, October 30. I took this photo of the place as I walked up from the parking along Mullett Road. The sun was creating a shadow of the name on the side of the building. I took it as a good sign!


They have outside dining on the deck, and there are two entrances to the place. This side of the building is the bar side and entry is into a large room with a huge bar and many tables along the patio. The shades were down since the sun was setting but there is a view of the Exploration Tower across the lake form this new establishment. The beer menu was extensive and went on both sides. They also had drink specials but I was more interested in a beer. All the choices but I ordered a Fat Tire.

The bar is a large oval and the taps go down both sides. I think I heard they have 60 taps...


Since it is new, I did not read in social sites too much about the food. The Florida Today had a good article when they opened, but social media still has very little on the place. I was hungry and it was near dinner time. So I ordered an appetizer, it was called Sea Blossoms. The menu says:
Fried kale-Brussel "Lollipops" | Pickled Jalapeno Aioli | Smoked Sea Salt
Brandon put my order in and then came back, "Sorry, we are out." He says the chef gets them from a local farmer and they sold out over the weekend. I guess I will have to go back in the future to try them.

So, I made another choice, the Sun Kissed Spin Dip. Menu description is:
Farmed Spinach | Charred Artichoke | Sunchoke Ricotta | Feta | Roasted Garlic | Shaved Parmesan | Pretzel Boule
Oh my God! It was fantastic. Too bad I was alone but I ate the whole thing. Easily 2-4 people could share this. The bread bowl was not too crunchy and the mixed of ingredients was very delicious. Photo:

They do have Brick oven pizza, which I was thinking of ordering but the bread bowl was enough bread for an evening. I decided to go with the Caesar Salad. They call it the Cast Iron Caesar on the Menu. I ordered the small.

Another thing I liked about the place is they let you try the beers. Small tasting glasses but I did try three different ones. They have local craft beers including Playalinda in Titusville and Hells 'n Blazes in Melbourne. Of course, all this tasting made me have to go to the restroom which is located off the main dining room. The place is very big. I took this photo of a fish to the entry of the restrooms. It was made from debris from the ocean...

As you exit the bathroom, the main dining room and kitchen are staring back at you. It was only 4:30 on a Monday, most people were sitting in the bar area. I hope they fill the dining room in the evening. I took this photo...

From the same vantage point, I took a picture toward the bar area on the West side of the building. There are many large TVs along the bar and seating area around the bar. Most had sports on but they did have some local news stations. I was sitting at the bar on the far side...


My small Caesar salad came out and I had asked for Shrimp as an addition. The presentation was fantastic but here is the great part, it tasted even better than it looked. It was not a traditional Caesar, but I really loved it. The three cherries that garnished the plate were just wonderful, like a little dessert in each bite. The shrimp were tender and not over cooked. I even ate the white anchovies!


For dessert, I decided to get a second Fat Tire. A great ending to a great meal...

As I was leaving, I stopped to take a photo of the Exploration Tower from the dining deck withe sun slowly setting. What a beautiful location for an evening meal. Of course, it was a little cool, so most people were staying inside, but I bet in the summer this place will be rocking...

If you cannot tell by my post, I truly enjoyed my short time at the Rising Tide. The people were very nice and the service was great. I cannot wait to get back to try the pizza and burgers and shrimp tacos... I give this place a 4.5 (excellent to memorable). If anyone wants to try this place and you need some company, please call me. I know I will be back for the treat but would love to share the experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023