2017 Eating and Drinking Habits

Because I am retired and a mathematician, I like to collect data. My eating and drinking habits were of concern to me because of trying to stay somewhat healthy. So, in 2017, I decided to keep track of all the places I ate and drank. I would like to summarize the year. Truly, it means very little but there are some interesting facts.

The data was simple to keep and included Date, Place, Location, Visit and New. The Place was the name of the establishment and the Location was the city and state. I did not visit any countries in 2017; that is another bucket list item that is falling behind.

Visit was divided into Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, DessertDrinks, and Bloody. I wanted to keep the Bloody Mary quest separate from going to a place for a beer or drink. I only used New when it was an eating visit. As you may know, if you read my last post, that I did 28 new places in 2017. What you probably did not know was that 2 were for Breakfast, 11 were for Lunch and 15 were for Dinner. Also, 12 were in Brevard County and 10 were outside of Brevard but still in Florida, 5 were in Vermont and one was in New York.


Although my visit to the Time Out Bar in Cocoa Beach was my first, it was only for the Bloody Mary and did not count as a new restaurant. Looking at my drink, it looks like maybe I should have counted it as food.

There was a total of 293 visits. Bloody had 10 and Drinks had 97. For Drinks, I went to Lou's Blues the most with Whiskey Beach Pub in second. These two places have become the retired old farts place for Tuesday (Lous) and Fridays.
Retired Old Farts

Here is the drinks list:

Meghan, one of the great servers at Lou's Blues


John & Gaylen at Whiskey Beach Pub


Enough about drinking, let's review the food. There was only one Dessert place. Good of me. I did not stop at Del's Freeze, just down the street from my home, one time during 2017.

Of the 293 Visits, 13 were Breakfast, 119 were Lunch, and 53 were Dinner. For Breakfast at once every 4 weeks, the top place was a tie with three visits each. Eddie's Sunrise Diner in Melbourne Florida and Rosie's in Middlebury Vermont. I am more apt to go out for breakfast when I am travelling.
Breakfast at Mazzaros in St Petersburg


For Dinner, there were 53 places, averaging once a week. Long Doggers had 5 visits, Archies had 4, and Hemingways had 3. There were three places with 2 visits and the remaining 35 had one visit each.


Dinner with Teresa & Nancy at Stillwaters in St Pete


Lunch, apparently my favorite meal, had 119 visits which is a little over twice a week. The favorites were all local places including 11 to Pineda Inn, 8 to Matt's Casbah, 7 to both Off the Traxx and Fishlips, and 6 to Thai Thai II.


Five visits for Lunch to Sandbar Sports Grill in Cocoa Beach


Ocean 302 had both lunch and dinner visits.


Lunch at the Salvador Dali Museum


Sometimes, I can get lunch and drinks like the visit to Two Brothers Tavern in Middlebury Vermont where I had a salad, soup and a flight of beers. This was logged as a lunch visit.


 I am not sure if I will keep the data for 2018, but I did find it interesting. There is no plan to stop drinking or eating or searching for the Best Bloody Mary in the World. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023