2018 - The Year I Did Nothing

I guess I took retirement to the extreme the past year. Basically, I did not get anything done. I did do my Bucket List of New Restaurants which I will summarize today. But, no travel, not even my usual trip to Vermont. I did not even leave the state of Florida for one day. What the hell? No cruises, no new states or countries, no exotic locales where I can drink Mai Tais or Painkillers?

I do have my rationalizations for my actions but in simpler terms, I was lazy!
And I am not getting younger. Well, I will not let that happen in 2019.

I visited 27 new restaurants in 2018, one more than was necessary.

It was a pretty good variety:

  • American  - 11
  • Seafood - 4
  • Mexican - 3
  • Asian - 2
  • Hawaiian - 2
  • 1 each of Barbecue, Cajun, Irish, Italian, and Japanese
Scores were in a normal distribution:
  • Good - 3
  • Good to Great - 6
  • Great - 7
  • Great to Excellent - 6
  • Excellent - 5
No Bads and no Memorables

Location was all Florida but that makes sense since I never left the state:

  • Eau Gallie 1
  • Grant         1
  • IHB                 1
  • Indiatlantic 1
  • Melbourne 9
  • Merritt Island 1
  • Mlb Beach 1
  • Orlando         1
  • Palm Bay 2
  • Port Canaveral 2
  • Satellite Beach 1
  • Sebastian         1
  • St Petersburg 2
  • Titusville         1
  • Viera         2

Once, I was Queen of the Nile!


Here is to much more active 2019...Happy New Year!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023