Dine at Senor Loco in IHB

I do not stop going to new restaurants when I hit my yearly quota, but I just keep going. Last night I had the pleasure of visiting the Senor Loco Tacos and Tequila Restaurant with my friend Mac. Located in Indian Harbour Beach, it has been many kinds of places through the years, and I remember when it was the ABC Liquor store with an attached nightclub that included a revolving bar. If you left the bar to go to the bathroom, there was a good chance you would not find your seat when you return because the whole bar continuously revolved. Now I am eating Mexican food here.


My waiter was Jesus and I was seated before Mac had arrived. He had to stop on A1A to get a bottle of Tanqueray gin. What is ironic is it was the ABC liquor store. Jesus brought me a bowl of hot chips and a tasty salsa. The salsa did have a little kick and I liked it very much.



The dining room is very large with both tables and booths. There is a bar with 20 seats. The decor is very Mexican and festive, with the added pleasure of having Christmas ornaments up. Or maybe they always have the glittery stars hanging from the ceiling. Being my first time, I really do not know!


I ordered myself a 12 oz glass of Dos Equis Amber and then Mac arrived...


Here is Mac perusing the rather extensive menu...



Mac order a beer too, a Negra Modelo, but he wanted the 32 oz glass. Yes, his was bigger, but I ordered a water as my second beer. We had already had a couple beers at Whiskey Beach Pub in Satellite Beach. I was here for the food.


There are many dishes on the menu, but I like to order a combination plate on my first visit. They have both a two and three choice combination plate. We both ordered the three. The left is the beans and rice which were both done well, I usually add hot sauce to the rice. My three choices were a chicken Burrito, Cheese Enchilada, and a ground beef tostada which came on a second plate. The plates were too hot to touch and the food was all hot, and very edible. My burrito and enchilada...



My tostada...


Mac ordered a hard taco with shredded beef, a shredded beef burrito, and a cheese relleno. They charge extra for the shredded beef over the ground beef or chicken. Our table was full of food and at the end, so were we!


I know these are simple selections, but I have realized through the years that there are places that cannot even do these right. This place is not in that category, I thought everything was great. I am excited to come back and try some of the more exotic dishes. They do have fajitas for 2. Other dishes that look good are: Arrachera, tampiquena steak, Chori Pollo, Arroz con Mariscos, or Shrimp a la Diabla. I know they can do the basics and would like to see what else they can do.

Since it is a new place, I rate a 3.0 (Great) and plan to stop here more often. They do have a lunch menu and the bar looked very inviting for a solo to sit and have lunch/dinner and maybe a shot ( or two) of tequila! Senor Loco deserves a try. BTW, it was very crowded but it was Friday! Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023