And the World Continues Spinning

Last week, on Easter Sunday, I went to the Magic game at the Amway Center in Orlando. It was a playoff game against Toronto, and my nephew Brandon and I went over early for dinner. Parking at Church Street, I figured we hit one of the many restaurants there. The problem was most had long waits, so we headed toward Orange Avenue. A new place was beckoning and they had tables open and spots at the bar. We saw the hostess and she said we could sit at the bar if we wanted.

I am mentioning this place because it ended up being another new place for me. It was called the Artisan's Table and is located right on Church Street. It took a while to get the bartender's attention but once he realized we were there, the service was fine. Problem, I did not take any pictures. I usually do not bring a camera to a Magic game.

We ordered beers and Brandon and I both got the burger...
Artisan Burger
8 oz. Short rib & brisket burger, dill pickle chips, tomato, yellow mustard, bacon marmalade, brioche bun
Choice of Cheese: Gruyere Cheddar Pepper jack Gorgonzola
They were out of fries so I got a side salad and Brandon got a pasta salad. Everything was delicious. I give the place a 4.0 (Excellent)

Finding another great place to eat is always rewarding, but this was going to be my last Magic game (since they lost) as a Magic Season Ticket holder. After 22 years, I was giving them up. Not sure if I will get back to this place. Brandon and I plan to make a few individual games next season, but that is just a thought at this time.

I renewed my Brevard Zoo membership for another year. I almost became a patron again for the Melbourne Art Festival this year. I had done that for almost 20 years.  I enjoyed my visit on Sunday afternoon, talking to some of the artists. One artist, Steve Vaughn, has been coming to this Festival for over 20 years. I have some of his photographs. He told me he was retiring with only two shows left; he plans to spend time with his grandkids. So I bought one of his paintings. You will have to visit me to see it.

I continue to clean up old folders of photographs I have taken. I was doing the Berm Party pictures. Jeff Piotrowski use to organize these as an ENSCO function. Going through the photos I noticed I had not annotated who was who in the photos. It is sad that some of the names are forgotten. It is even sadder that some of the people have died.

Here are some photos from 2005. This photo, out on the berm at Space Coast Stadium, includes Randy & Eloise Evans and Mark & Mary Kienzle. Mark is no longer with us...

 Dr Marshall Cory and Dr. Douglas Burns enjoying the game. Marshall passed in 2016.


The man on the right worked for ENSCO, his name was Dr. John Eoll. The man on the left was a buddy he brought to the game. John had left the company before I retired so I was curious to what he was doing. Sadly, I found out that he had died back in 2017. John was a professor at Lenoir-Rhyne College with a Ph.D. as an Astrophysicist. Here is something I did not know, he was a Commander in the US Navy on the USS Bainbridge DLGN 25,  a nuclear-powered guided missile cruiser.


Interestingly, the visiting team at the berm party was the Sarasota Reds. In the bullpen, below the berm, was a pitcher that I found out was from Vermont. His name is Tyler Pelland, and pitched in Bristol at Mount Abraham HS. When I went to Vermont for my nephew Jared's wedding, Tyler was in the wedding party. The world continues to turn, but it is a small world.  As far as I know, Tyler is back in Vermont.

I need to annotate these photos, I am only 14 years behind. At least then I won't need to rack what little brain I have trying to remember someone's name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023