Second four restaurants of 2019

I just hit seven new restaurants for 2019 which puts me right on schedule. My last four are included here and include two Mexican places, one Asian and a nice American bar and grill on the Indian River.

Masa Taqueria y Cantina

This is a Mexican Restaurant located in Indian Harbour Beach (or is it Melbourne). Located on the site of the old Charlie & Jakes on Eau Gallie Causeway, the building was refurbished when Charlie & Jakes moved across the street. Masa is a corn dough or flour. On my first trip in February, they were bragging about their homemade blue tortilla chips used for their chips and tacos. All were made from scratch in the kitchen. The menu...


On Tuesday, I go to Lou's Blues for a few beers with some friends (aka old farts). My friend Mac Monroe and I sometimes go out to eat. Here is Mac perusing the menu...


They do not give a bowl of chips like at a lot of Mexican places, but you can order some for a price. We added a bowl of Queso. Blue chips are really good.


Since it was Tuesday, it was Taco Tuesday and they have specialty tacos and a deal if you order three.
This is my three including an ahi tuna, a shrimp and a chicken. Black beans and rice came with the meal. Beer was extra. Mac was drinking Modelo and I had a bottle of Dos Equis Amber.


Mac's three tacos, I think they were pork, beef and fish (or chicken)...


Mac had been here before and sat at the bar. Our waiter, Nick, was a friendly young man and he brought the bartender over to say hi to Mac. Even the manager came over and talked to us for a while. We did order a second bowl of Queso because there were so many chips. Here is our messy table. I tried some of their hot sauce and it was very good and spicy.


There is some nice decor here including this painting over the hostess desk. The bathrooms are all new and very clean. For some reason, there were a few bar stools in there.

I give the place a 3.5 (Great to Excellent) on this initial visit.  But I went back this past Tuesday and things had changed. The default soft taco shell is now a white flour tortilla. You have to special order the blue. The bowl of chips were just the yellow corn tortillas, not the blue. Also, when I got the three tacos there was no beans or rice, just the tacos. My score is now 3.0 (Great). The tacos and service were still wonderful!

Bean Sprout

This is an Asian Restaurant located at the Avenue in Viera. I had been to another sushi place that was located in the same spot, but this was my first trip to the Bean Sprout.


I was there for lunch and ordered the sushi/sashimi bento box. It came with miso soup or salad.


The place has tables and booths and there are seats at the sushi bar and the drinking bar. They also have a few tables outside on a covered patio.


The Bento box was very typical for the area but I did like the addition of some honeydew melon chunks. All the seafood was very fresh...


This is a view of the drinking bar that actually connects to the sushi bar. Nice furniture!


I give Bean Sprout it a 3.5 (Great to Excellent). It was the middle of the week so it was not very crowded for lunch, which made the service very quick. I will go back when in the Viera area.

Me-n-Titos

This is Mexican restaurant located on Babcock street in Melbourne. It is a five minute drive from my house. When I bought my house back in the 1980s, the place was a Dairy Queen. You can see it still has that shape. I have been meaning to go but it always seems to be crowded. I know the Melbourne Police like to go there too.

There is no table service here, you stand in line and order as you go. I tried the ground beef nachos with refried beans, up to 5 veggies, and white queso. There was enough here for two meals. I brought it home where I took this picture...

I give the place a 3.0 (Great). The Burritos were humongous, I unfortunately got behind a family of six. Haad to wait for each of their orders, but I got to see the process for a variety of items. I want to go back but I am trying to be good on what I eat, keeping my carbs down. Hard to do at this place.

New York New York

This is an American restaurant located in Titusville. They opened at this spot in 2002.

The front of the menu...


They have an indoor dining area and a large bar, all under AC, and they have a small bar and dining area on the river. Not knowing, I walked through the main building and they sent me outside to the bar. I saw there is parking near this bar and you do not have to go through the building. The little bar...


A while back, I had asked for recommendations for places to get a Reuben sandwich. I have a cousin, Branda, or winters in the Titusville area and told me of this place. So I ordered the Reuben although they had tons of seafood specials on the menu.


The Reuben was excellent. The meat was moist and the sauerkraut was tasty. I liked that they put the thousand island dressing on the side. The sandwich came with one side and I tried the potato salad. It was good. Another view of the outside dining area and bar ( I sat under the roof)...


They say this is a great place to watch launches. That is the VAB at the end of the dock.


As I was leaving, a cat gave me a stare as he was eating his lunch.


I give the place a 3.0 (Great). The food was great and the service was also great. If you want fancy, don't sit outside. The inside bar  and dining area were much nicer...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023