Pandemic Connections

The 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic has changed the world and how we look at things. I have always tried to look on the bright side of things. Sometimes that bright side for me is humor, laugh a little when all you feel like doing is crying. It always has been a coping mechanism for me. Through the deaths of family and friends, I like to remember what made me happy about a person. If you are not in the mood to see the bright side of a pandemic, I would stop reading now, otherwise, join me on some silly connections...

First thing, I wear my mask when I visit the grocery store and anyplace that requires it like my Doctor's and Dentist's office. I would have made a good bandit in the times of Jesse James but people would have easily said, "that looks like a Provoncha, I could tell by the eyes!"

I happen to have another photo of a Doctor wearing a mask. A connection to the previous picture not because of the mask, but because I always thought I looked just like Rick Springfield and loved the song Jessie's Girl...


Before my cousin Marcia had sent me my masks, I had read that you could use old underwear as a replacement. And as the photo says, people will keep six feet away. The connection is that I use to streak when I was in college. But we took off our underwear to do that...

Keeping the mask thing going, I found this photo and I thought it makes a lot of sense. A way to protect your lungs and still kill your liver. But doesn't beer from a straw make you get drunker, or is that what we told the girls so they wouldn't drink all our beer?


If you are going to have a mask to drink, then you need a mask to eat...

Speaking of food, the pandemic has allowed me to try some new recipes. Too bad the food is mostly carbs. They had to change the snack cake label because of all the food people are consuming.


The pandemic has changed the way we get food at the store. Salad bars were popular but very unsafe with a  virus around. This store changed the salad bar to a candy bar...Ha ha..

Or change the salad bar to a plain old bar with beer and snacks...

Or change the salad bar to a Tiki bar with mix drinks and tropical mixers...yummmy!


Of course the salad bar was only one change in the grocery stores, not we have traffic signals throughout with signs on the floors...


That is where I shop, Publix. I almost yelled at a lady who was coming the wrong way down a one-way aisle. I caught myself before I said something I would regret, and I walked down the next lane the wrong way. I felt like I had done something bad....This next one is just funny...

Now, some people are thinking things will get better and others think it will get worse. I just hope this does not happen...

July just started....


I have an artist friend in Vermont, Ashley, who draws her dog into her artwork. She created one of these for each state and I have included my two homes...
Remember, this too shall end, but....

Stay healthy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023