Last Stop at Shelburne Museum

My real visit to Shelburne Museum was last September. It has taken almost a year to document that one day in my virtual visit. But what's the rush, I am still retired and with the COVID-19 pandemic, life has become very simple. Here is what I saw at the Pizzagalli Center for Arts and Education.



In one wing of the Pizzagalli Center was an exhibition of art by William Wegman. He is a photographer known for his dog photos, but he also creates art from old photos or postcards...



One of William Wegman dog photographs...


Another of William Wegman dog photographs...


In this piece by Wegman, he has taken photographs and created a large piece of art around these pictures...


Another Wegman with photographs added to art...


The second exhibition in the Pizzagalli Center was by Duck Decoy artist Joel Barber...


A few pieces by Barber...


I took a photo of this because my neighbors name was Paquette, I was curious as to whether this guy was a distant cousin...


Barber did write a book which was on display...


More of his decoys....


And a few more decoys....


And two more...


A decoy sign...(don't go this way because it is a decoy)


There were interactive computer displays explaining the decoys artwork by Barber...


Decoy duck...


And this ends my visit to Shelburne Museum in 2019 in the month of September....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023