April Spring Cleaning

Today is the last day of April. I cannot believe how fast the month passed me by but I meant to do some spring cleaning on the computer. Here is some of the clutter and other things I have shelved for future reference and amusement.

First, a few photographs I collected from where I live in Florida. The first is of the manatees gathering near Desoto Park in Satellite Beach when the weather gets near freezing. I have taken many photos but not from this perspective. I guess I need to get me a drone.


When I bought my current house in Eau Gallie back in 1984, my job with Ensco was still located beachside in Indian Harbour Beach. I would have to cross the Eau Gallie Causeway to get to work, but back then it was still a swing bridge that opened every half hour for boats to pass through on the Indian River Lagoon. I had to time it right to get to work in time and not be stopped by the boat traffic. The bridge is now high enough for boats to pass under it. Here are a few old photos I found online.

Swing bridgw closed for car traffic...


Swing bridge opened for boat traffic...


Tomorrow, May 1, the local Zoo will open the display for three lions that arrived recently from Naples Zoo. They are brothers named Rusha, Chobe, and Karoo. This photo is from Naples. I cannot wait to get some of my own photos.

 

If you can believe it, I have not played a round of golf since January of 2021. I had hurt my lower back and it hurt when I swung the clubs, so I stopped swinging the clubs. Maybe it is time to get back out there. Here are a few golf related images I have collected.



I am not sure when this was drawn but it is a classic. Fans include Michael Jackson and Princess Leia,

This photo I grabbed off of Facebook, posted by Alan Pratt just before he died. Left to right are Bob Cameron, Stan Pratt, Alan Pratt, and Dave Munson. They are with the statue of Payne Stewart in a pose after he won the US Open at Pinehurst in North Carolina. These guys got to play that course.

Sometimes I find a photo and graphic that I just find appealing. This photo, I should call it a-peeling.


Now that is called a potato chacuterie board. Some bacon is needed. The next is a graphic that I found interesting and I actually learn something. I hope others will too.


But most of the things I store off are things which tickle my funny bone. The first one just cracks me up. For some reason, I think it as being French...

I may do this someday, I like people waving at me too.

Did I ever tell you the story of my parents staying on the big island Hawaii, and mom making the local newspaper when a coconut fell on here. It bruised here really bad and she still was black and blue when they returned home. Never put valuables under a coconut tree.


The only pets I have ever had are cats. This comic is so true...
Sometimes the humor is a little more dark, but I have always love the Far Side...


Let's take a break from comics and head back to photography. I have read that we as humans always find faces in everything. This one is just too funny!! (Sorry about the language)

Another Far Side...


I had to have one for all you Star War fans...I hope you get it.


Of course, after seven years retired, I always look for the great jokes about it...

There can be humor in condiments...

This is just a few of the things that have gathered over the winter. I have shared them here and then filed them away where they will never be found...

Comments

  1. There's some good ones there BJ. Thanks for sharing and I hope you can play golf soon. I remember Eau Gallie being a draw bridge. Also, the sighting of the manatees at De Soto park is always impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023