Out to Launch

 It was a beautiful morning and there was going to be a SpaceX Starlink launch and the skies were clear for taking photos from home. But they delayed it by two hours so I made the decision to drive to Port Canaveral to take my shots from there.

My firs stop was the Eau Gallie Library where I returned a book and I had 40 minutes until the 11:58 launch. Plenty of time I thought but the traffic and the traffic lights were not helping. I was reading off the countdown in minutes as I drove through PSFB and Cocoa Beach. Every light wanted me to stop.

When I got to the Jetty Park Gate it was 11:56...two minutes to get in and park. Okay, there is not a crowd and  I find a parking spot close to the water. I grab my camera and as I open my door I hear someone say "There it is." I started shooting and here are a few of the photos.






It was a Northeast trajectory so it was heading away from us. I tried something different, I took a short video with my Canon 35mm camera.


Normally I take photos to waste time before a launch, today I decided to take a few afterwards...

The boat says "Air and Marine Operations"

Green sea turtle

Ruddy Turnstone Sandpiper

Tide was way out today...looking South to Cocoa Beach

Large spots swimming towards me...see it in the middle?

It was a pair of manatees...coming up for air.

Then I went Out to Lunch. I tried Fishlips but they were crowded so I ended up at Rising Tide..

Side salad with Ranch dressing and an Orange Blossom Pilsner

Chicken Tortilla Soup...Excellent

Backside of Rising Tide...Flag, Exploration Tower, Cumulus clouds growing high...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More New Restaurants

"Tell Me What You See" (Digital Hoarding XVI)

Lunch with Kathi & Bob Thieme