Dining Out - A new restaurant every week

Even before retiring, I liked to eat out at different restaurants. I have always liked to try new things including food, and I am not afraid to try things that I have never had, within reason.  One of my bucket list items I added at the start of 2015 was to eat out, at least once a week, at a new restaurant that I have never been before. That may seem like an easy item to do, but since I have lived in the Melbourne Florida area for over 35 years, it is not easy finding new places. Therefore, I stretched my rules a little and I am allowed to eat out at a chain, as long as I have not been in the building before. Likewise, if a new restaurant opens up in the same building as one I went before, that counts as new also.

As I started to do this, people would always ask me to rate the place. I came up with my own rating system scale which I have included here.  Since these are my rules, I find that I have to tweak the system sometimes. Since it has been 24 weeks already, the scale has kind of reached a mean.

0 Bad No way in hell will I ever return to this place.
1 Okay Food was edible and I may return if all other places close first.
2 Good Food was edible and the place was clean; may take a close friend here.
3 Great Food was great and the service and atmosphere are worth sharing with friends.
4 Excellent Top notch in all categories and would do special dinners here with anybody visiting me.
5 Memorable Standards are high to reach this pinnacle, but I will definitely experience it again!

So far, I have had nine Good, twelve Great, and three Excellent. I guess I need to work on finding the memorable restaurant. But I have been lucky not to go to a bad place either. I think the driving force is cost, I am not ready to hit the fancy places without having someone to share it with me.

This week's restaurant was a 2, Good.  I went to IKEA in Orlando and ate at the dining room (maybe cafeteria) before I went shopping. I was hungry and I had never tried the Swedish meatballs before. The price was right and they were good. But being Ikea, they put the gravy on the plate first and then covered with the meatballs. Some assembly was required to get the gravy on top...

I am looking for new places to try. I have made a list but I am open to suggestions...

Comments

  1. Looking forward to your reviews BJ! Jose and I are always looking for new places to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double Tapp Grill just opened on U.S. 1 right near you Bj. Ed Andre is the owner. He used to own the old Enigma (formely The Phoenix). Let us know if you want to try it on the weekend and we would love to join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know about this weekend, probably Saturday. i would love to try it.

      Delete
  3. Double Tapp Grill just opened on U.S. 1 right near you Bj. Ed Andre is the owner. He used to own the old Enigma (formely The Phoenix). Let us know if you want to try it on the weekend and we would love to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is by no means a new restaurant, but Kathi and I both enjoy the Cheese Enchilada plate at El Charro restaurant in Cocoa.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Bob, I have never been to El Charro....it is on the list and I definitely will give it a try! Thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023