Procrastination should not be on my retirement list

First off, procrastination is not my middle name although I do have friends that believe that it is.  I keep promising myself that I will make this blog part of my retirement, but I keep having too much fun doing other things.  I had mentioned golf in an earlier post and I said it was one of the more important things I wanted to do after retiring, and I still feel that way but....

Not long after my last post, my friend and golf buddy, Fred Arnold, passed away after a battle with cancer.  Fred was too young to die, only 71, and his passing was a shock to a lot of people, particularly me.  I just assumed that Fred was always going to be there to make the tee times, and he would drive Jim to the course and I would get Gaylen (or vice versa) and we would meet, golf, and then stop for lunch after the round.  Those plans have been changed, and our foursome (now a threesome), are trying to cope with the changes.

This past weekend, Jim made reservations at the local course Mallard's Landing, where Gaylen and I joined him for a nice round of golf.  A lady, named Laurie, joined us for the round and she ends up shooting a 79.  Let's just say that the rest of us got our money's worth if you divide strokes by cost. But it was not the same, we missed Fred.

As I get off the lazy boy, and start to plan my future retirement plans, I am going to put in a goal to keep the blog going. Then I can tell you about my travel adventures to the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, or my week visiting friends in the Virgin Islands.  I can discuss the pros and cons of ordering the drink package on a cruise, two which I have done including a 7 night trip to Western Caribbean and a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, both on Royal Caribbean. I can discuss the games I saw in spring training or the Magic or my first Major League Soccer game in Orlando with my cousins.  I want to share the photos I have been taking with my new Canon camera. These pictures include ones from the Brevard Zoo which I became an member of this year.  I have been sharing my bucket list item to go to a new restaurant every week, but people want better descriptions of the places I go with recommendations and photos.

So, hopefully in less time then since my last entry, I will continue this blog. But, I do hope that people will share with me things I can do, or places to visit, or a new place to eat....I need comments, otherwise I am writing to myself only, and I can always put that off until tomorrow...

Comments

  1. Hey BJ! This is my first visit to your blog, I wasn't aware that you had started it. Allow me to be the first to comment: In keeping with your Brevard-based exploration, go visit the KSC Visitor Center and check out the Atlantis exhibit. We recently visited and I was very impressed. Of course, the Shuttle Program is near and dear to my heart, but I think you would enjoy it too. Plus, there are many great photo opportunities, which I know you would love. Keep up the blogging!

    - Stephan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023