Visit Two New Restaurants in One Day

My bucket list item to visit a new restaurant every week has changed slightly for 2016. Last year, I was able to hit 58 places in 52 weeks, but I tried hard to have at least one new place a week. This year, I have amended my item to visit 52 new places, averaging one a week. By changing this slightly, I can now hit two places in one day like I did yesterday. Last year I would not have gone to the second place because my one a week quota was fulfilled. Now I go when I want and just keep track of the total.

My first new restaurant, Long Doggers,  was not a new place for me because I have visited three of the current six locations in the County. These include the original in Indiatlantic, the one on Post Road near where I use to work, and the one in Satellite Beach. It was new because I visited the Viera site, which I had never been to before.

I had spent the morning in the Viera Wetlands photographing birds and gators. I decided to swing by the Space Coast Stadium to see how crowded it was with the Washington Nationals in town starting Spring Training.  It was crowded and I was hungry after walking for an hour and a half. It was just a short hop across I-95 to the Viera Long Doggers. I love to order the shrimp tacos with mango salsa.  Instead of the black beans and rice, I ordered the fried plantains. The beer was a Magic Hat #9.
Shrimp Tacos at Long Doggers Viera
 This particular Long Doggers is bigger than the previous ones I mentioned. They have both inside and outside bars and dining tables. The decor is still "Surfer Dude" hangout. I have included a few photos...
Sign above the bar at Viera Long Doggers

Outside Dining Area at Viera Long Doggers

I guess Budweiser is the official beer of the Spring Training in Florida, at least according to the banner.
Budweiser Banner at Viera Long Doggers
The place was exactly what I expected. It was only 11 Am so it was not crowded yet. The service was great and the food was very tasty.  I give the place a 3 (great) on my BJ scale.  I may stop here before some of the Spring Training games in March since the beer is cheaper and so is the food.  I typically pass it on my way to the games, I am surprised I have never stopped here before.

After lunch, I went down to Brevard Zoo to take some more photos.  One of my old co-workers at ENSCO is a volunteer so I gave Linda Owiesney a visit. She volunteers at the giraffes.  She gave me a piece of bundt cake she had made that was delicious. We chatted for a bit and then I headed to my Tuesday Drinking Club.
After a few beers there, I decided I would try a new sushi restaurant that my friend Troy Seiler had told me about last Friday.  This was my second new restaurant of the day. The place is called the Sushi Factory and it is located on Maple Street in Eau Gallie, amidst an industrial park.  I had visited the building before when it housed an obscure BBQ place, I cannot even remember the name.
Menu at Sushi Factory
 The unique thing about this particular sushi establishment is that it is all you can eat (see top of menu) for $22.95.  They have slips of paper that you enter four items at a time. They do have appetizers, salads, soup, noodles and rice. They have both vegetable and sushi rolls, special sushi rolls, temaki, sashimi, and nigiri. I ordered 16 items on this visit including a miso soup and seaweed salad.
Miso Soup at Sushi Factory
Seaweed Salad at Sushi Factory
I did not take a picture of everything I ordered, but below is a sample of the things I got.  Each roll is four pieces. The nigiri is one piece at a time and I did not order any sashimi. It appears that everything is made to order and not pre-packaged.  I saw a sign that they do charge for uneaten food, that was not a problem for me but I guess it means to not be too adventurous in your selections. I have a history of consuming sushi so I know what I do not like.
Tempura Roll, J.B. roll, and Spicy Tuna Roll at Sushi Factory

Rainbow Roll, Golden Dragon Roll, Eel Avocado Temaki, White Tuna (Escolar) Nigiri

 The place is small but they do have a all-you-can-eat make-your-own sushi class on Sunday nights for $35. It includes, wine, beer or saki. Sounds like a cool date.

I give the place a 3 (Great). It was close to being a 4 but it wasn't. I am not sure why but I know I will be back. I think they also have lunch at a cheaper price and I know they also do delivery, see their web page at www.sushifactorymelbourne.com for more information. Thanks Troy for the recommendation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023