Two More Restaurants

Keeping up with the new restaurants has become part of the routine in my life. I find it is much easier to do by keeping busy and saying yes to events I may get invited to attend. The latest two restaurants were not selected by me, but selected by events.

My nephew Brandon and I have been going to Magic games a lot this year. Our most recent visit was this past Sunday, and I told Brandon if we left early, we could stop at a new restaurant called Ember in downtown Orlando.  When we got to the place, it was packed with people and appeared to be more of a bar that serves food, than a restaurant that has a bar.  I did not see lots of waiters/waitresses, so I decided we would try another place, fearing that we may not make the start of the game if we went here.

As we walked down Orange Avenue, Brandon pointed out there was a Wahlburgers on the corner of Church Street and Orange. Sounded good but as we got closer we saw there was a long line out the door. No time to wait and make the game too. Pass that place too and we headed up Church Street toward the Amway Center.

And there it was, a new German Restaurant that I had never been to before. It was called Schumann's Jager Haus and there were two seats at the bar as we walked in. The bartender was friendly and asked what we would like to drink. I asked for a beer menu and they had seven different German beers on tap. I ordered:

Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen

Schöfferhofer wheat beer is brewed in the Bavarian tradition using wheat malt. This hefeweizen is easily identifiable by its cloudy nature and refreshingly fruity flavor. 

Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
I ordered the Traditional Reuben sandwich described as Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Gruyere, Haus-made Dressing,Grilled on Rye. It came with one side and I selected the German Potato Salad. Both were very good and filling. They did have full course meals but Brandon and I were not that hungry.
Half-eaten Reuben

 Brandon ordered the Toasted Black Forest Ham sandwich described as Rustic Ciabatta, Aged Smoked Cheddar, Local Tomatoes, Grain Mustard. He said the ham was delicious and he liked it very much. He got the fries as a side and was drinking a Fat Tire.
Toasted Black Forest Ham Sandwich
I give Schumann's Jager Haus a 3 (Great) and would be willing to go back and try something else.

My second place was the result of my niece and her husband celebrating their third wedding anniversary after 12 years of marriage.  They live in Oviedo and the party was being held at the local establishment called Rock & Brews on Red Bug Lake Road.
A sign on Patio

Sign on front door (Cousin Patti and I leaving)
It is a very large place and we were out on the patio, expecting about 30 people.
Patio at Rock and Brews in Oviedo
 They allow people to bring their dogs to the patio and provide water dishes and hooks on the tables to tie up your pet.
Menu

From the web page, this is a small chain of restaurants with ten other establishments including five in CA, one in NM, OK, KS, and HI. There is one in Los Cabos Mexico.

 The menu was large and included sandwiches, barbecue, pizzas, and more. They also have a very extensive list of draft and bottled beers.

I decided to check out the inside and took some pictures of the bar and dining area.

Rock & Brews interior Dining Area

Close-up of the Rock & Brews bar.
 I was trying to be good so I made the decision to have just wings, and I tried the Rockin' Hot Wings, served naked with Blue Cheese dressing and vegetables (carrots and celery). They were very good and I actually took some home with me.
Rockin' Hot Wings
Bavarian Pretzel




The girl next to me, Kelly, ordered the Bavarian Pretzel that was served with beer cheese. It was huge and she said it was good.

Spicy Asian Wings










My cousin Patti tried the Spicy Asian wings which are breaded and served with Ranch dressing and vegetable. I tried one and it was great!








Fire Grilled BBQ Chicken Wings



James' mom Jackie order the Fire-Grilled Chicken Wings which were served with just vegetables. She ordered fries too. I tried one of the wings and one of the fries and they were great too!








The decor of the place is pretty cool with lots of posters which I have included a few here. There were even some in the bathrooms. I did not check out the ladies room though.






Overall, I had a really great time so I give the Rock & Brews a 3 (Great). The place is big and is both pet and children friendly. A great place to take the family, or to have a party.
My niece Lori, her husband James, and their two kids.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023