Grant BBQ Fest

I am getting behind in the things I have BLOG ideas for. The good thing is I am keeping sort of busy but sitting in front of the computer is not what I want to do. Today was such a beautiful day I had to get out of the house and away from the computer. I knew there was a BBQ festival happening down in Grant. I had never been before so I thought I would give at a try. It is at the same location that they have the Grant Seafood Festival each year in early March. I have never been to that either.
Welcome to the Grant BBQ Festival

The band was playing when I got there. The parking area is very big and worned. I had no trouble finding a spot but there were a lot of cars there. (oh yeah, there were lots of trucks too)
Parking at the Grant BBQ Festival

I decided to take a walk around before I bought any tickets. Like other festivals I have been, you buy tickets at a central point and then everything you buy you use the tickets. The tickets were $1.50 each and I wanted to see what things cost. The music was free...
Main stage with band

As you can see, not everyone was rushing the stage. The band was actually pretty good, singing a lot of oldies. female lead singer with the typical backup players. There name was Luna Pearl and are from Palm Bay. I see that they are playing Lou's Blues next week.
Flag flying high

I don't have to say it but I will, this festival seems to attract a lot of country folk. The American flag was flying high and there were lots of red necks. There was a good mix of people enjoying the BBQ from many walks of life. I got to see the typical drunk blonde doing her special dance that looks like she was flying. I have seen this dance before but I won't mention any names, because my ex-wife will kill me. You know the dance, they hold their beer high in one hand and have the other hand flying around. I think they think they are doing real well out there and want everyone see how great they dance. But the legs are not working well from the all the alcohol and the arms flying is not sexy, I think maybe it helps them keep standing. I caught one photo of this not-so-rare bird, flying with the help of another not-so-drunk bird...
"I am the greatest!"

I did see a great tee shirt, but did not take the picture because the girl looked sixteen. I was not going to ask her for the picture. If it was the drunk dancing bird, I would have asked. Here is the shirt...



Of course, I had to try some of the food and have a beer. It was going to be 8 tickets for $12. The beer was a 16 ounce and the sandwich was full of pulled pork. The sauce was a little spicy but tasty and good...
Pulled pork sandwich and cold beer

As I drove up, I saw they were having a car show too. But after listening to the music for a while and having a beer and food, by the time I went over most of the cars were gone. I did get some photos of a few...






















There was a really nice brown one that was for sale. It was a 1938 LaSalle....






The other nice one was a 1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster Convertible. It also looked in great shape. I liked the hood ornament but everyone knows I like to photo birds...







The Grant fairgrounds is just a 30 minute drive from my house. The weather was perfect and I enjoyed the BBQ food, beer and cars.  Maybe next year I will finally go to the Seafood festival in 2018, it will be the 52nd annual....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023