Beachside Seafood

My latest new restaurant for 2018 is called Beachside Seafood and it is located behind the Pizza Hut on A1A in Indialantic Florida. Napkins at the tables which as you will see are very necessary.


After my bi-annual doctor's appointment in January, it was decided that I should focus on eating more healthy and try to lessen the portions I eat. Here is an example of a vegetarian dinner I made at home. Freshly sliced tomato, avocado & mango. A few stuffed olives and some chips, made with kale & chia (green) and sweet potato & plantain (red) with some herb and olive/pecan spreads.



Well, let's see what I had at this new restaurant. On this trip, I was with my friend Nancy, who I owed a Birthday dinner. She wanted to try a new place so this is what I choose. We arrived early (around 5) on a Friday and the place only had a few other tables occupied. Here is an outside photo of the place I stole from their website. Hey, I am giving them credit...


It is located next to Rogue River Taproom, another new favorite place of mine. When you enter this restaurant, you realize that it is one of those places that you order and pay, then the food is brought out to your table (they give you a number that you place on the table). I really am not a big fan of this. Even at Taco City, which has been doing this for 30 years, I sit at the bar where they serve me like a normal restaurant. (One small problem at Taco City is that there are only 7 bar stools so this is hard to do for parties greater than one.)

The dining area has tables of different sizes (4, 6, 12), but you also have to get your own silverware and anything else you might need. They have a self-serve soda machine, and that is what Nancy and I both got. Here is a view from our table.


They were very slow at the counter to take our order. But after we sat, it felt like the food came out pretty quick. What they serve is Florida Low Country Garlic Boil. This is from their web page:
What is Florida Low Country Garlic Boil?
Well, for starters, it's DELICIOUS!  All of our seafood & sides are prepared together in seasoned garlic boil. Unlike frying, this locks in the flavor without the need for breading or other coatings.
Afterwards, we coat everything with our  specially seasoned drawn butter, because what is seafood without a generous helping of love.
After you try Florida Low Country Garlic Boil, you'll never go back to fried seafood again!
Nancy ordered an appetizer of pan-fried sea scallops (menu said five and she got seven)  and the King Crab (one cluster) combo dinner with the sauce (butter and garlic) on the side. Here is a photo of Nancy's food...


I ordered the scallop & shrimp combo dinner with the sauce on the food. There were five scallops and seven large shrimp. The shrimp needed to be peeled. The boil combo includes three red potatoes, three pieces of corn, some sausage and garlic bread. As you can see, they did not skimp on the butter and garlic. It was on everything except the bread, which of course had its own butter and garlic... Healthy! Here is a photo...


I give this place a 2.5 (Good to Great). It would have been a 3.0 (Great)  except for the slow service to start and the impersonalness of the waitstaff. I think if they got some great Florida Low Country Waitstaff, my visit would have been much better. The food is great though, and I may have to go back and try some other things. This was only the third place for 2018, I am supposed to be at six places. I think I got some catching up to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023