Digital Hoarding

I am a hoarder of digital files. My pictues folder currently has 60,132 files. I will admit, 50K of those are photos I took or have scanned, but that leaves about 10K of stuff, hoarded by me through the years off the Internet, or saved attachments of emails. I like to place the files into folders so I can find them, but even that becomes complicated with this many files.

Usually, I move any files from the top folder into sub-folders. I just did that recently so there were no files at the top. But in two months, there are 13 files in the folder. Let's take a look...

An Australian Spider Chart, sent it to some friends who hate spiders.


One of those inspirational posters, this one with a bad joke...


A selfie of the cast of the movie "The Big Sick". Well, why would I have that? Kumail Nanjiani (taking the photo), Holly Hunter, Ray Romano...Nope. Fourth person from the right, the lady with the big gold necklace. She went with her friend Zenobia Shroff who was in the movie. She happens to be a great friend from high school, Laurie Ross. She had posted the photo on Facebook and I hoarded it.


I am always into saving pet humor. Usually I save videos which is not included in the numbers above. Videos are stored in their own folder...This picture is known as pet shaming...


I like to grab old photos of places I have lived. This is the Eau Gallie causeway bridge, when it would turn every half hour to let boats through. Now it is a very tall bridge that boats can get under without disrupting daily traffic patterns...


This is aerial view of the Eau Gallie Causeway when it was being built.


This is a stitch of three of my photos of the local marina that was taken out by Hurricane Irma. My friend Peter use to have his boat there, when it was called Diamond 99. I wanted Peter to see it but he and his friend Gail are dealing with their own hurricane problems. They live in St John and were just getting ready to have a new roof put on their house since the old one was blown off.


More humor, I was to afraid to post this on FaceBook but I did send it out and I have showed it to people.


I am always looking for a good quote...



Wow, a great vintage photo of the Mathers Bridge and the Restuarant that was my dad's favorite. We always took people here when they were visiting. Not sure what the boxy thing on the left is?



Just got this one. It was posted by my cousin Brenda; these are her grandparents. Wilfred Provoncha was the older brother of my grandfather Albia. He married Pearl Dow back in 1915.


The next picture was from back when ads were not politically correct. It was from the 1960s...


And of course, I always want to collect Math humor, having both a BS and MS in Applied mathematics. I hope my friends get it....
I like that the counselor is a "Divide sign".

The digital hoarding will continue...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023