Normal Day - No Fireworks

Yesterday, I knocked off my to-do list quickly and I usually treat myself to some excursion to waste the rest of the day. I had friends who had just visited a pick-your-own blueberry farm located in Mims, a small town north of Titusville. It was a beautiful day with puffy white clouds under a deep blue sky. So I took my camera along.

Normally, going that far North means getting on I-95 to save time, but I was on an excursion, and who knows, maybe I would get lucky. So I drove up US-1, heading North, hitting traffic lights and local traffic in Rockledge, Cocoa (not Cocoa Beach which is a separate city), Port St. John, and finally Titusville. In Titusville, I stopped at the marina on the north side because I had read that duplicates of the Nina and Pinta were there. I was excited, having stopped at this place two years ago to see the beautiful Hawaiian Hokolea.


Seeing two young Spanish beauties was stirring my blood but I guess I should have read the article closer, as they were not there. But one let down will not stop me.

My plan was to stop at the National Cemetery before going to the farm. I visited last year on Memorial day and took this photo...

But as my excitement for this stop grew again, who knew it was going to end in frustration. I could not find the place, was it possible that I went by it without seeing it? So I turned around to see if I had passed it when I saw the sign for the blueberry farm. All right then, maybe I can at least stop and pick up some sweet little things.

They had good signage and the farm was easy to find and fairly big. I parked my car and I took this picture of the field...


They have a big barn where they hold weddings, young couples dancing the evening away with family and friends and then heading off on a honeymoon to...well, here is the barn...


I will admit that the signage was encouraging to having a good time...


So I grabbed my bucket and my camera, and I headed out into the giant field of blueberry bushes. They have three types they grow here but I did not care, I just wanted to pick up some juicy fruit and take it home for later...


This was not a singles bar, but there were other people out looking for the perfect berry, as they say, the bigger the better...


After an hour in the hot Florida sun, my bucket was not full but I was ready to burst. Here is my load, almost 2 pounds...


They were giving wagon rides around the farm but I was not looking for a fling in the hay...


I was really looking forward to having lunch at the Brix Project at the Playalinda Brewery but when looking up on the map, I saw they did not open until 4 pm on Tuesdays.  Again, no luck. I did see that I had not passed the Cemetery, but needed to go further north to the small town of Scottsmoor. I headed up to take some photos but they had large bulldozers and other heavy equipment amont the prstine stone markers. I figured I find a place to go eat lunch.

In Titusville, the US-1 traffic was heavy and there was a bad accident that had the cars backed way up. I turned around and stopped at a place called Orleans Bistro & Bar.


They had cold beer and Cajun food, I felt like I was on Bourbon Street...excitement was growing again...


But frustration set in, this was the second place in a week that was very crowded but only had two servers for the bar and dining area. I ordered the lunch size of shrimp & cheesy grits. It came with a cornbread muffin and way too much butter. Only four shrimp and one thinly sliced piece of Andouille sausage. Everything was good but again my expectations were high and I did not reach satisfaction...


This was a new restaurant for me but I only give it a 2.0 (Good).  The shrimp were great but the grits were okay and the muffin fell apart. Service was slow. You can only reach total excitement so many times in a day and not reach fulfillment...

What a day! At the end, all I had was a bag of little blue balls...I mean berries...Ever After!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023