Digital Hoarding II

Since my last post on Digital Hoarding back in March, I have added about 50 more photos to my collection. These are photos I have been sent or have saved off the Internet, but not taken. Let me discuss some of these pictures...and why I have hoarded them...

The dismantling of the A-Frame restaurant in Satellite Beach Florida. When I first moved here, one of my favorite places to go play pool was the A-Frame. The food was pretty good too but they had like 8 tables and cheap beer. It is easy to see where the place got its name from this photo I found. Of course, the crane was usually not there removing the A...


Another photo of the A-Frame, this time after both of the As have been removed. The place would become Bunky's Raw Bar and then a few other places that have failed. It is currently being remodeled again, it kind of looks like a tiki bar.


A cousin sent me this next photo. It shows my grandfathers service in World War I. His name was Albia Albert Provoncha and he served overseas. It looks like his Induction was 100 years ago this past week in Burlington. I know his barracks is now called the Royal Tyler Theater, located on the campus at the University of Vermont. I will have to look up the locations of the Base hospitals he was stationed at; I know they were in France.


I saw this one on Facebook. There is an interesting discussion on the subject but I think people are taking so many selfies, there is no space left on their devices for any ET photos...


I had just seen an interesting story on the two Voyagers that were sent out when I was still in college. A lifetime later, they are still sending data back to earth. This is just one of the responses the government shared...


Nice sign that speaks truth, a rarity in this day and age...



This one just makes me laugh....Ha Ha Ha....


This one is not funny. Seriously, I have been searching for that shaker....


Another family photo. This one is my grand-dephew Harrison looking like a Vermonter, which he proudly is.


I was tracking my friend Joe who was running in the Boston Marathon. This was a screen capture...


Last game of the year for the Orlando Magic, they put the season ticket holder's name on the court. They have a copy in the promenade where I took this photo....look for BJ Provoncha...(sorry for the orientation but looking down pictures screws up my phone) (Hint, third row with BJ in Black and Provoncha in white)


I captured the NBA standings when the Orlando Magic were in first place in the Eastern Conference. Of course, it was after five games and it was all downhill from there....but we were in first!


Another old photo, this one of Miguels, a Spanish/Mexican restaurant located on New Haven Avenue in Melbourne. It was knocked down and replaced with a blocky, ugly CVS pharmacy. They used to serve magaritas by the pitcher. One of the places I checked for the lost shaker of salt back in the 1980s.

Van Gogh walking the girl with the Pearl ear ring and ogling the Mona Lisa...classic!


This may work better in Alaska where mosquitoes are the state bird...maybe the salt came from the lost shaker?


Another vintage photo from downtown Melbourne, looking West on New Haven Avenue...


The beginning of zucchnni season...(love the cat)


On one of my sailing trips with Captain Peter. This is Peter and I with a great view of the Atlantic from a hill in the Bahamas. I am pretty sure it was Waderick Wells Cay in the Exumas. We stayed at the Exumas Cays Land and Sea Park.  The guest book there had a recent visit by Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, when they were married...my friend Gail took the photo...This was 1999.


My cousin Ruth will be turning 95 this year. Here she is as a kid, probably 1927...


I saw this one and had to grab it for my cat lover friends...


The last one is a photo I screen captured from the yearbook for UVM. I did not have any money back then to buy the yearbooks so I had never seen the photos from when I played baseball at the University of Vermont. My coach was Jack Leggett (it was his first year) who ended up at Clemson as the head baseball coach for 21 years. He is 20th all-time in wins as a college coach with over 1300. I am standing, fifth from the right. It took only 40 years to finally see it...


I am sure more hoarding will occur...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023