Capt'n Butchers in Sebastian

This was restaurant 18 for the year, just one behind my biweekly schedule. I drove down to Sebastian to visit the Restaurant called Capt'n Butchers...


The place is more than just a restaurant. It is also a marina and they have riverfront (Indian River Lagoon) lodging too. It all has been recently renovated...


If you are familiar with River Rocks in Rockledge, or the now defunct Island Pasta in Melbourne, then you will be happy to know it is the same owners. I think their beer is distributed by Budweiser, but that is just a guess...


The dinner menu looked a little pricey, but the choices were similar to River Rocks. Here is part of the dinner menu...


I started with a Yuengling and my second beer was the Dragon Point IPA brewed at the Intracoastal Brewery in Eau Gallie.


They did have a lunch menu and there were specials. My trip down from Melbourne went a lot faster than I planned so I arrived right at 11 AM, their opening time. Bobbi Jo, the bartender was still getting her bar ready for the day.


They have an inside dining room and bar, and an outside dining area and bar. There was a somewhat cool breeze off the ocean so I elected to sit at the outside bar. It did have a roof and a few fans were running. The air off the water kept it cool and the views were splendid. This view was from my bar stool. Bobbi Jo told me this old pier shack was built in 1932 and keeps surviving the hurricanes we have. Those are actually railroad tracks with a small hand-car on the dock. If you look closely at the end of the pier, that is the Sebastian Beach Inlet Bridge in the distance...


I do have a zoom on my camera so here is the bridge...

There was no crowd for a Monday so I took some photographs of the place. This is the outside bar. Bobbi Jo was telling me that one of her regulars here said he had a famous friend he wanted to bring in. Last Tuesday the guy showed up with Hank Williams Jr.  Bobbi Jo says he sat at this bar, had lunch and spent a few hours. She did get a picture with him...On a side note, she didn't ask to get her picture taken with me.


They have a large deck with seating, umbrellas covering the tables...


There are daily specials and it appears they do have music. She told me she makes a good Bloody Mary, and that they are on special Friday thru Sunday (see upper right of sign). I need to get down to try to add to my list.


I ordered the soup and salad. I got the Caesar's salad with some blackened shrimp added. It was very good and fresh...large chunks of Parmesan...


The soup of the day was French Onion. Also great.


The inside dining area had people eating so I did not take a photo. People were starting to arrive outside too. Near the front door is the indoor bar which I did take a photo of since it was empty.


So if you are in Sebastian, I would recommend a stop at Capt'n Butchers. It is located just north of Squid Lips and Captain Hiram's, on the river. It is hard to miss since they have big signs. Not sure how good the food is at dinner, my lunch was great and the ambience was excellent. I give the place a 3.5 (great to excellent) and plan to go back for a weekend Bloody Mary (or two?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023