New Restaurant and other food

It has been a while but I finally hit a new restaurant. In Satellite Beach, there is a new place on a familiar spot. It is called the Shuck Shack. If you have lived in the area for a while, you will remember it as The A-Frame. After that, it became Bunkys. Since then it has been a few other places but most have not succeeded. I think The Shuck Shack has a chance.


The building is now green laced with palm fronds. They have built a beach out front along A1A with many picnic tables. Looks nice but it was too hot to be outside.

I took a photo of a part of the menu which had a picture of the A-Frame, and they serve the same wet beef sandwich...


My bartender (I sat at the bar) was John, and he said everything was good. I asked for beer deals and they had pint drafts for $2.50, I think it was Landshark. I also ordered a cup of Clam Chowder...


As I was drinking my beer, two older gents sat at the bar next to me. I recognized one as my old friend Dom, who lives in Satellite Beach. I use to golf with him and drink beers at Coasters when it first opened. He asked me if I had retired and I said yes. I said are you still into politics and he kind of snickered. (When I got home, I looked it up and Dom is currently the Vice-Mayor of Satellite Beach.)
He introduced me to his friend and we talked a little about retirement, then I was ready for a real drink.

I ordered a Sex on the Beach, the Special of the day for $5. Very good.


I had seen on the sign as I walked in that the food special was Grilled Salmon. You could get it on a salad. The Facebook page called it the Citrus Salmon Salad. It was excellent...


There was a citrus sauce on the fish. The salad was a mix of greens including arugula, topped with fresh diced mango, red onion, summer squash, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. I added some ranch dressing. The chef walked by and asked what I thought. I told hi the presentation was wonderful and the fish was cooked excellent, still having some moisture. Yummy.

I give the Shuck Shack a 3.0 (Excellent) and I plan to go back. There was a moment I felt like I was sitting in the old Bunky's. The decor has changed some but it has a lived in look.

Even though I have not been going to many new places, I still go out to eat once in a while. I liked to try Caesar Salads. The following picture id the soup and salad at Hemingway's in Melbourne off of Hibiscus. The salad was a Caesar and the soup was a conch chowder. On the right is some great wings...



Another place I frequent is the Rising Tide at the port. I added shrimp to this order...



In downtown Melbourne, the Ole Fire Grill serves what they call a Mexican Caesar Salad. The romaine is slightly charred on the grill and served with corn, grilled lemon half, and thin tortilla chips. The chicken on the right was boneless pieces in an interesting sauce. They were great!



I still go to the Bunky's in Indiatlantic. This is a bowl of steamers served in a garlic wine sauce and bread points. More Yummy!



Sushi is a weekly thing for me. This was the lunch sushi at Siam Orchid on Nasa in Melbourne. Most Yummy!



Rising Tide again, chciken sandwich with side salad.


Tavern Salad at the Copperhead Tavern on 5th Avenue in Indiatlantic. That is a Deviled Egg on the right with a dab of srirachi.  The dressing is a wonderful Key-Lime Vinaigrette.


Keep eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023