Rain-bo Island

New restaurant number 19 for 2018. I found this place through a post in Facebook on the 321 Flavor group. This group is run by the food critics at Florida Today, the local newspaper. Discussion on places to dine. Someone asked about poke bowls and this was recommended. It is located on Airport Blvd just off 192. Here are the menus from the FaceBook page they have.

Drinks, including my favorite, boba...


Bowl menu...



It is an order at the counter type place, and they do have a few tables but very small. I got mine to go to enjoy at home. Here is a photo of my salad and drink...



I got the regular bowl which comes with two scoops. My base was brown rice. My protein was one scoop of spicy tuna and one scoop of spicy salmon. My sauce was yum-yum sauce. My four toppings were ginger, cucumber, pineapple, and seaweed salad. She made to-order the spicy tuna and salmon together by adding the hot sauce to the raw fish. I had her add some chives and sesame seed as she mixed it,



My drink was the passion fruit green tea with boba added. I should have got it with no ice since they got in the way while sucking up the boba through the straw.

Everything was good and the people were very nice. They have been open since April. I give the place a 2.0 (Good) and I know I will go back for the teas with boba. The bowl was okay  but I may get it with salad instead of the rice. I will admit, sometimes good is good enough! Happy eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023