Three Down with One to Go

I was busy this week eating out because I really needed to go grocery shopping but I was too lazy to do that. On Sunday, I went to an Italian Restaurant which I had never been to before. Wednesday was a visit to a new diner/cafe. And Thursday I tried a new place at Port Canaveral.

Pane E Vino Italian Restaurant, Deli & Bakery

Located next to the Oaks Theaters on Hibiscus, I have walked by it many times but never stopped. It is a restaurant but they also have a deli and bakery. On this visit, I hit the first two but skipped the bakery. My view from my patio seat out front.


It was Sunday and they had a lunchtime buffet, but I decided I wanted to try one of their personal pizzas. The entree prices seemed a little high but I have heard the food is great. Even though I had ordered the pizza, they gave me a basket of Italian bread with butter. I was good and had just a glass of water to drink...



The reflection messed up my shot of the bakery items in the window, but there was a large variety of items including cannolis.


The weather turned sour and it started to rain. My table was okay but a few people had to move because the rain was blowing in on their table. The pizza arrived nice and hot. My three toppings were Italian sausage, mushrooms and spinach. The Italian sausage was more dry then I am use to but it was very tasty. I ate two slices and brought the other two home for dinner.


After boxing the pizza and paying my tab, I went in to see what they had in the deli. There was a young man behind the counter who was very helpful. I told him I wanted six ounces of the coppa and six ounces of the capicola (hot). He said the scale only did pounds so I said about 0.4 pounds. I got .34 and .36 and I said that was close enough. But I said that six ounces was actually 3/8 (6 oz/16 oz) of a pound which is .375 pounds. I said I knew this because stocks use to be traded at eighths of a dollar. I don't think he believed me. But that is true. The coppa and the capicola he sliced for me...


If I am in an Italian mood again, I definitely will be coming back to this place. I give the place a 3.5 (Great to Excellent). I also need to stop by the bakery and get some fresh Italian Bread!

Mulberry Lane Cafe

I had been hearing good things about this place located on US 1. It is in the same shopping center the DMV use to be at which worried me because I thought maybe slow service would have passed on for the building. I was pleasantly surprised. Courtney was my waitress and she did a wonderful job...

I asked for some coffee and a large cup was quickly delivered.


I asked for the house-made hash, hash browns, two eggs over easy and wheat toast.

The hash was a large serving and was crispy on the outside. The eggs were done exactly how I like them. The hash browns were too crispy for my taste, but the also have home fries and grits. But the toast was wonderful; thickly sliced so it was toast on the outside but still some bread on the inside with just enough butter. Grapes were fresh too!

The setup for the table had everything I could want except hot sauce, but I did not need that for this breakfast.


They have a bar, tables and booths. A view from the booth I choose...


View of the bar area and some of the dining room tables...


They also have a white board with the features from the bakery...


My experience was fantastic and I give this place also a 3.5 (Great to Excellent). It was on the menu but they only serve breakfast and lunch and close at 2PM. They also are closed on Tuesdays. I think I have found a new going out for breakfast place!

Gator's Dockside at Port Canaveral

The third stop of the week was during my visit to the Port to take photos of the World's Largest Cruise Ship, Symphony of the Seas. I first stopped at the Tiki Bar outside the Grills restaurant. Then I decided to stop at the Newly-opened Gator's Dockside. Located at the site of the Milliken Reef, a few changes were made. I have been to the Gator's Dockside on Wickham Road but there is no dock there. The new place has a dock and a view of the cruise ships and other activity at Port Canaveral...


There are three bars including one inside the Main dining area, one under the patio and the existing Tiki bar along the water. Many televisions have been added throughout the facility. I sat at the patio bar and Allie & Mike were the bartenders. Colby was also helping out. All were great and very attentive, but the place has only been open for six days.


From my bar seat on the patio I could see the crane used to unload the SpaceX rockets after landings on the barge.


I ordered for lunch the Ahi Seaweed Salad...



I had to take a second photo to show all the good stuff covered by the seared Ahi tuna including seaweed salad (a lot of it), diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers and mandarin oranges. The salad is topped with fried tortilla strips and a Mandarin Wasabi Dressing!


The salad was delicious and all the parts went well together. The menu is extensive but I think  the same for all 29 locations. The original was built in Jacksonville. This one has a Tiki Bar...


Here are two views of the Tiki Bar...



A nice addition are new restrooms next to the Tiki Bar. I did use them and they are very clean. Two guys were discussing the merits of getting a urinal for the home. After I left the bathroom, I took this photo of the main building from the near the stage they have for bands. The grassy area is new, it was sand when Millikens was here.


I give this place a 3.0 (Great). Just another great choice when I am at the port. Now there is Grills, Rustys, Fishlips, Rising Tide (Still my favorite) and the new Gator's Dockside. I did see construction at the area where Baja use to be, not sure what is going in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023