Completed New Restaurant Bucket List Item

My Bucket List Item was to visit a new restaurant every two weeks for a total of 26 new places. On Friday, I completed the task when I visited the Bonefish Grill at the Avenues in Viera. I did not take a lot of photos because I was with Nancy, but I was able to get a few shots of the food we were served by our waiter Jesus. I had a Guinness beer which came in a can but I drank from a glass. I really enjoy watching the nitrogen bubbles in a Guinness. Nancy had a soda.

We ordered a soup and an entree. Bread was served with an olive oil & herb dipping bowl. The bread and dip were both excellent.


 Nancy and I both ordered the Corn Chowder with Lump Crab. It came with crab as a large lump in the middle of the bowl but I had stirred it in before taking the picture.


I ordered a seasonal dish called Kung Pao Monkfish:
Wild Monkfish aka "Poor Man's Lobster" flash fried and tossed in a sweet chili soy glaze, with a traditional medley of Asian vegetables and peanuts over jasmine rice


Nancy ordered the Scallops & Shrimp:
a classic Bonefish Grill favorite. The bold and savory flavor of Sea Scallops paired with sweet jumbo shrimp and topped with your choice of our signature sauces


A trade was made, a scallop for a piece of Monkfish. Nancy sides were au gratin potatoes and seasonal vegetable; obviously green beans. I though the food was excellent, along with the service. The atmosphere was nice but we were some of the younger people in the place. Must be a Suntree/Viera favorite for retirees. They also sat us in a corner near the door to the patio. Probably would have been a higher score except for the seating.

I give the place a 4.0 (Excellent) and I do want to try again; I see they have rainbow trout on the menu. So, all new places from this point on will be dessert (I think that is better than gravy).

Of the 26 places, here were my ratings for the year:

  • 3 got a 2.0 (Good)
  • 6 got a 2.5
  • 6 got a 3.0 (Great)
  • 6 got a 3.5
  • 5 got a 4.0 (Excellent)
There was a variety of type which is becoming harder to classify:
  • 11 were American
  • 4 were Seafood
  • 2 each of Asian, Hawaiian, and Mexican
  • 1 each of Barbecue, Cajun, Irish, Italian, and Japanese
All the places were in Florida (need to work harder on the travel bucket list items):
  • 4 outside Brevard County
    • 2 in Saint Petersburg
    • 1 in Orlando
    • 1 in Sebastian
  • 22 inside Brevard
    • 9 in Melbourne
    • 2 each in Palm Bay, Port Canaveral, and Viera
    • 1 each in Eau Gallie, Grant, Indiatlantic, Merritt Island, Melbourne Beach, Satellite Beach, and Titusville

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023