Eating a German Dinner

So it was a typical Tuesday and I was meeting with my Old Fart's group at 4 pm for some beers and discussion. We meet at Lou's Blues, my Google Timeline says since January 2016. Over three years, and they still let us in. On the past Sunday, I was here to see the Flutie Brothers Band with Doug and Darren Flutie. No one was here on this July 2.

After Lou's, Mac Monroe and I usually go and get some dinner. I wanted something better than normal since I had worn a nice Hawaiian shirt; we headed down to Ocean 302. It was closed for the whole week of July 4, the sign did say they will have a new summer menu when they reopen. Mac suggested we keep heading south in Melbourne Beach to the German Cafe called Coconut Cove.
That is where we headed. In three years of dining out, I have only given two places a 5.0 (Memorable), this is one of them.

There were a few cars in the parking lot but there were spots so we went in. They had a table for two inside and our first waitress was Tiffany. Or maybe that was our second waitress. We had two for a while. No people meant one of them could go home.

I ordered the German beer Konig Ludwig Weissbier. Very fruity and a good beer to share with an appetizer. But we decided not to get the Rainbow Trout. My beer...




Each entree is served with a house salad, vegetable & a potato puff. The house salad was delicious. It included three types of salad plus a pickled beet and a cherry tomato.




The vegetable of the day was snap peas (the bowl in the middle), as well as some fresh bread and our entrees...


Mac got the Wiener Schnitzel accompanied by sauteed mushrooms. That is a potato puff next to the lemon.

I ordered the Grill Plate which came with a grilled beef-tenderloin (front), chicken breast (left), bratwurst (back),  and a bearnaise schnitzel (right). In the middle is the potato puff & sauteed onions.


As we were eating the sun briefly came out. This place is known for the beautiful sunsets across the Indian river.



Mac like wine with dinner so he ordered a bottle of Francis Coppola's Pinot Noir.



Since dinner was such  a treat, we both ordered a dessert, Black Forest Cake...
An amazing blend of cherries & authentic German cherry brandy (Kirschwasser) generously layered throughout layers of chocolate sponge cake, & covered with whipped cream & milk chocolate curls.

I did not eat on Wednesday....I highly recommend you visit this place if you like German food....

While at Lous earlier, they now have coasters that are meant for a beer and a shot. I think they look like snowmen, but with a little creativity....

You get Micky Mouse...


Someone posted a funny and of course I added to my humor archive....


I hope you enjoyed the Fourth of July...this guy did! Ha ha....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023