Tapas Anyone?

Part of our discussion before we visited this new place was about how there are not many restaurants on Sarno Road. This place had a certain familiarity, as I had been to a wedding reception here back in the 1980s. Also, the same building for a while was my place to vote. It use to be a Realtor building that was right across from the current Brevard  County Service complex that I remember to be an A&P supermarket. I have been coming to the area for a while.

This new restaurant is called the Grille at 1450: A Global Kitchen. It serves tapas from around the world and we tried more than I should have eaten, but everything was great.


It appears that they still do wedding receptions as one large room was set up with different configurations of place settings at about 8 tables. I snuck my head in because I had done some of my famous wall shadows at the reception I had attended. My cousin Jim had married Janis, and I entertained with dogs, birds and Richard Nixon. Ask me sometime and I will show them to you!

The dining area is large with a bar, a living room sitting area, a small stage for live music, and both tall and short tables. Here is a photo of the bar area and one of the tall tables. We were at a normal table for dinner. The place was empty but the service was great. Thanks too Ryan our waiter.


There beer selection was a Budweiser limitation but they did have Intercoastal Dragon Point IPA on tap, but it was out. They have happy hour prices, buy one and get the second one at 50% off. This included the beer, wine and they have mixed drinks...

I stole the menu image off their Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/grill1450/


Shrimp Ceviche from Peru



This was my favorite...I would call it excellent. Very tasty too!

Conch Fritters from the Bahamas



My least favorite. They were good but these were a little dried out. The good news is that they did have conch in them.

Pierogies from Poland



I think there were seven of them and were very delightful, even great. I need to stay away from food like this though...

Baked Brie & Raspberry from France



Wonderful. the flavors of the walnuts, raspberry jam, apple and grapes all went great with the brie. I made a note to myself that I need to make this at home someday...

Fried Ravioli from Italy



Another one that I thought was just good. The pesto was lovely and the marinara was not too acidic.

Jerk Chicken Skewers from Jamaica



These were great. The mango-habanero sauce had a kick but was very good with the jerked chicken.

So it is a new place, the owner, Tony Elias, even came over to say hello. He was at the bar when we completed dinner so we gave him some of our likes and dislikes. One dislike was that the plate was too small. He said he had used a larger plate but he got complaints it was too big. I suggested he base it on the size of the customer. I am big, give me a big plate. Let the petite people get a petite plate...

I score this place a 3.0 (Great).

As I mentioned, the Grill is located across the street from the County Complex that use to be an A&P...
How a typical A&P looked, even the one in Middlebury when it was in town on court street.


The Brevard County Service Complex....same iconic A&P cupola


Eat great and prosper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023