Recommend this Bistro

Located on A1A in Indian Harbour Beach, the restaurant called Fresh Scratch Bistro & Lounge is highly recommended by me. I went here this past Tuesday after a few starter beers at Lou's Blues. My friend Mac and I decided to give this place a try. From the highway, the roadside sign says just Fresh.

The full name is on the front of the building but it is hard to see from A1A. Recently, this place was called Branos, an Italian restaurant.


The building may look familiar, I think when I worked at ENSCO and we were still in Shopper's World (where Lowes is now), a Captain D's opened and it looked like this...Look the same?


Yep, I cannot remember all the places that have been in this site since Captain D's almost 40 years ago...Back then, this is how you took a selfie...(using a mirror)


Mac and I decided to sit at the bar where the bartender Paul would serve us. I ordered a local beer from Hell n' Blazes, some kind of weiss biere. Here is an artistic view of my beer, the beautiful bar and our captain for the night's flight, Paul...



The menu is fairly extensive so I would recommend a check of it online.  They have 20 appetizers including escargot. We passed on the "Fresh Beginnings". They have ten different "Fresh Bowls" including Asian, Italian and Poke. There are eleven items that can be added to the bowls for different prices including "cage free fried eggs", seared tuna, grilled salmon and jumbo seared scallops. Eight items "Fresh off the Grill" including chicken, steaks and seafood that has eight sauce choices, aka "Finishes". There are four choices for "Fresh Flats" and five choices for "Fresh from the Oven". This is where Mac and I ordered. For an additional $2.50, you can get a salad or soup. We both choose the Caesar Salad.


My "Fresh from the Oven" choice was another beer with:
Seafood Bake
Shrimp , mussels and scallops baked under mozzarella in a creamy sun dried tomato pesto. Served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables


Mac's "Fresh from the Oven" choice was a glass of red wine with:
Wild Mushroom Ravioli Gorgonzola
Handmade ravioli baked in a creamy gorgonzola sauce under mozzarella and garnished with fresh basil, walnuts and shaved aged Parmesan


Both of them were delicious. As a retired mathematician, I counted that I had six mussels, three jumbo shrimp and two jumbo scallops. I did not have Mac count his raviolis...

I really liked the place and I give it a 4.0 (Excellent). Added information, they have both inside and outside seating. The outside deck is covered and has a bar too. They have live music on the deck...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023