Space Coast Music Festival

This past Saturday, November 2, was the first Space Coast Music Festival (SCMF) held in the Eau Gallie Art District (EGAD). Like a fool, I decided I could walk the 1.5 miles from my house to the Festival. Like a bigger fool, I decided I would take my good camera along for some photos. Like the biggest fool, I decided to carry my large camera bag since it looked like it might rain. It was 85F and I wished it had rain. After over 10,000 steps, I was able to trudge back into the house, full of sweat and fewer photographs than I wanted. Let me give you an overview of the experience.

Coinciding with the festival was another group in EGAD trying to persuade Trader Joe's to come to Eau Gallie. They had some events planned and a web page set up. They even have put misleading signs on the abandoned drug store on the corner of US1 and Eau Gallie Causeway. Lots of people are mistaking the signs for a new store moving in, but the hype is all locally created...

By the time I got to the SCAF, I was hot and in need of a cold drink so I stopped at the Cottage Irish Pub. It is a small place on Highland Avenue but I knew they would have some AC inside. There was one stool at the short bar which I grabbed and I ordered myself a Guinness.


The place is run by the Hogan family and has lots of food and drink from the Irish homeland. They were selling beers on the street with the other venders, and were serving food on the front deck and inside. The back deck did not have any service but people were welcome to sit and relax. I caught this photo of the bar mirror, with my reflection in plain view. I was wearing my Washington Nationals cap which got me a lot of hellos after they had just won the World Series.


As I was leaving to start my tour of the SCMF, I saw this sign outside of the Cottage Irish Pub...


In the parking lot across from the pub was the first stage. It was called Against the Grain Tattoo Stage. A punk rock band called Noxious Profit was just beginning. I can honestly say it was not my type of music. It did make me kind of nauseous with no profit so I moved on.


Highland Avenue was full of food trucks and other venders.


The FM Pizza Oven restaurant had music inside but I did not go in to check it out. I walked across to the park, where bands were playing on Mustard's Main Stage, located in Eau Gallie Square. There were some cool signs with SCMF and EGAD.


The band playing was called Weep, an all-girl local band. They actually were pretty good and had lots of followers. Here is a picture I took.



Just off the park on Highland was the World's Largest Ice Cream Truck. It looks more like a bus and they had roof top seating. Pretty cool...


I walked around to see what else was on the North side of Highland Avenue. I found a lady, who said she lives in Indian Harbour Beach, selling fresh breads. The bread looked great but my camera bag was already  full and heavy. I did get a business card from her.

My favorite salsa guy was giving out samples, Captain Tonys. He sells at some of the local stores including Pettys, Downtown Produce and Lucky's. I usually buy from him at the Space Coast Farmers Market held every Thursday at the equestrian buildings in Wickham Park.

I loved this sign...


The two guys running the booth said that some people were offended by their titillating name but most get the humor. I liked it!

I headed back to the Main Stage where the Alternative Band The Spring was setting up. I stayed for their first song. I thought they were good. Photo of First chords...



The park was full of people. The big live oak provided some shade which people were looking for. It was very hot for November...


There were six stages in all. Another wss located inside the Not Quite Right Improv building on Eau Gallie. There were people going in and out as I headed up to the Intracoastal Brewing Company. This place was packed. The reggae rock band 23 Treez was playing. They were really great. Since I had to walk home, I did not imbibe in any beers. People were having a great time at the inaugural SCMF, the next three photos was at this establishment.




There were six stages, 68 bands, food, drink, and lots of people having a good time. From what I have read so far, they might have a second one  in 2020...I will see you there...But I will be driving next time...

Comments

  1. Kathy Winters, former Shuttle Launch Weather Officer, Delta Launch Weather Officer, and now Director KSC Weather office, plays drums for WEEP. She also plays drums in another band that plays locally, but I can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023