Digital Hoarding VI

 It has been a while since I have shared some of my digital hoarding. Here are a few more pictures that I have saved. Most of these were saved back during November and December of 2020.

The first photo is a hit dog joint that use to be right on the beach in the town of Satellite Beach. Lum's was famous for cooking their dogs in beer. The company is now defunct although a few of the restaurants are still in use. This particular one was turned into a Perkins. I had many a meal at this place while partying along the beaches. In 2004, it was taken out by the hurricanes and now is an empty lot. The surfers still reference Lum's as a site where the waves may be good.


I am not sure where I grabbed this photo but it is labeled as the 1940 MHS Hockey team. MHS was Middlebury High School, where my dad graduated in 1939 (or was it 1940?). I think the goalie looks like a Doria, but not positive. And the player sitting, one in from the right, looks like Louie Emilo. I graduated from MUHS (added Union) in 1975.


I captured this article about my Great Aunt Eliza. I did a few posts about her experience as a nurse in World War I. This gives a little more information that I had found.

The previous article mentions the tent hospital in Lapanne Belgium. I had found this postcard of that area.  I think this was used as part of the hospital in WW I.

My paternal grandmother Lois had a younger sister Esther (my great aunt) who married Albert Rule. I had found his gravestone and saved it. He served in WW I, I have a photo of him in uniform.


My paternal great grandfather's brother was also a soldier in World War I. His name was Antonio Rheaume, but he is buried in France. He was in the Canadian army and died on July 6, 1917. That day in 1928 was the birthday of my mother Stella, who's mom was a Rheaume.

Wow, I keep some sad pictures...but I also keep some good ones.

My brother Tom posted this one in December of 2020, labeling it as the last day of golf at Neshobe. They are standing on the tee box for the 18th hole. There is Tom, Squint Wimett, and two other crazy golfers who's name I should know but don't.


A great photographer who lives in the Middlebury Vermont area is Caleb Kenna. He does mostly drone photography and has gathered quite the following. I sometimes grab a photo or two. The first is of Middlebury falls; I just wrote a post about the 1891 fire at this site.

The second is a tree in Weybridge. Nice shadow... I grew up on Weybridge Street in Middlebury, which of course heads to the town of Weybridge.


And of course, I love to grab funny photos. The first three have cats...




I am waiting for the local Publix to add these...


This one just grossed me out, on so many levels...


And of course it is almost Christmas, we all need ornaments for the tree...

I hope you enjoyed my ever expanding hoard of pictures...Happy Holidays!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023