Digital Hoarding VIII

 Trying to organize my digital photo hoard is similar to herding cats, it seems like it is doable until you start to do it. As a Math/Stat guy, I like to group the photos into simple categories, like I have tried to do in this post. But there is always so much overlap. If I try to look for something, like a sign, I realize that I should have organized them by subject.

In this small post I decided on four categories: Personal, Tee shirts, Signs, and Words. But one of the photos I put in signs was actually a personal one. So I moved it. But it really belongs in both...But, I only want one copy of each file... I really want Fifth Normal Form, aka 5NF. Look it up! Haha.

Personal

This first photo is a personal one that was in a newspaper when I was in high school. I was in the school play and I was with my friends Ted and Dick. But it has words in the captions so should I move it to Words?

This is a personal photo of my friend Jose at work, testing something on a vehicle that flies. I do not even remember where I got it. Did Jose send it to me or did I find it on line? I know it is a lot easier to save the photo than it is to categorize it.

This last picture is of a sign, but it was personal because I had been going to Doubles for all 25 years. They were being torn down and moving. They were building a new building so they would be close for like a year. BTW, the new place is open but it is not as good as the old place.

Tee Shirts

Normally, these do not need any explanation. These are not shirts I own...Sorry about the last one, you might think I am NUTS for sharing it...




Signs

I had a whole collection of "Redneck" photos. Is that a good category?










This sign always cracks me up. I know they meant well....

Words

Sometimes, a photo needs a few words to explain itself....

Okay, is a bumper sticker a Sign?




Sometimes it is just words with no photo that hits home...

I am always interested in finding out how people find photos they want to share. I started with a folder for each major categories but ended up with 1000s of photos in each. I did not want to search that many photos. So I divided each major categories into sub-categories and before you know it, you have a thousand folders with 5 pictures in each. I need to figure out what is the optimal files to have in one folder. I will say that I do use the Keywords you can add to photos in MS which helps on searches, but you have to remember which keyword you used. 

For reference, I just did the Properties for  the Pictures Folder on my computer...there are 1,584 folders with 97,116 files.  Of those, 59,491 files in 1,195 folders are organized and taken by me., either with my fancy Canon camera or phone. There are 6,153 files in 96 folders of pictures I have scanned from my albums and the albums of my parents. My collected photos, not taken by me but ones sent to me or I have saved off the internet, totals 2,244 files in 75 folders. My scanned postcards account for only 14 folders with 3,320 pictures. That leaves about over 25,000 photos I need to organize, and I still have no plan...Don't get me started on videos...

Comments

  1. I always enjoy your photos... this time it was more special as one of my work photos made it!!! That was a fun program where I got to fly round in a Huey. I logged close to 200 hours testing our sensor..... Jose M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023