Eat Lunch at the Preacher Bar

There was suppose to be a SpaceX launch today, so I decided to head up to Cape Canaveral early so I could have a late lunch at the Preacher Bar.  It is a new restaurant for me and I had heard about it from my friends Shari & Chuck, who recently went there on a mini pub crawl.

Entrance to the Preacher Bar
It has only been open since November 2014.  It is right next door to Kelsey's Pizzeria, who happen to be the owners of both places.  The Pizzeria was doing well so they decided they wanted a bar. I think they share the kitchen.
The menu came out as a large square menu...(sorry the picture is so dark but it is a bar; all pictures were taken with my phone although my Canon camera was sitting in the car, 40 feet away)
Lunch & Dinner Menu at the Preacher Bar
The shape and size was weird but felt sort of familiar.  I turned it over and who was looking at me?
Back of menu at Preacher Pub
It was Olivia Neutron Bomb...I mean Olivia Newton-John. All the menus are from different vinyl LP jackets. This particular one opened up and contained all the lyrics. I remember those days!
Fat Tire Red Ale
They have over 40 beers, probably 20 on tap. The Fat Tire was $5 for a 16 oz and $6 for a 22 oz.  I went for the larger and when I got my check, I found that it was Happy Hour and the beer was reduced by a $1. Good deal!

The decor in the place is "an eclectic mix of sparkling jewel-tone stained glass lanterns and Mexican-inspired artwork with a splash of gothic and pseudo good time religion."  The quote is right from their web page (preacherbar.com)
Game table in the corner - the shuffleboard game
 Sorry again, but it was very dark....and Gothic!
Tables look like pews (yes, that is my finger)
 A poster from one of my all time favorite movies. It stars Michael Moriarty, an actor who people use to say I looked like. We just have the same hair style, pretty much gone.
Poster from Pale Rider starring Clint Eastwood
 A utility door...
This is actually a door - Gothic?
The menu was good and there were things I wanted to try, but the bartender Michelle (I sat at the bar) said there were specials. I tried to take a picture of that too.
Food Specials for May 26
 The Bacon wrapped, Gouda filled jalapeno poppers looked good, and so did the Smoked Norwegian Salmon Sandwich. But you know me, I am just a French Dip!  They had poutine on the menu, and that was one of the reasons I stopped here. But it was $9.50 and Michelle said it was a large portion.  But she said for an extra $3, I could add it to the French Dip sandwich in place of the normal side.  I told her that was a wonderful plan and that we should get it started.  It did not take long for the food to arrive but the place was not crowded at 3:30 on a Thursday afternoon.
French Dip Sandwich au jus with a side of poutine
 The sandwich was loaded with roast beef and the poutine brought back memories of a bar/eatery in Burlington Vermont called Nectars!

Not very healthy but it was great. I tried to get one picture of the decor as I was leaving but the light from the beer cooler took over....oh well!
The Preacher Bar seen from the entrance
Since this is a new place, I have rated it with a 3 (great) and I expect to stop by again.  They have a Scottish Egg I need to try!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023