Find Unexpected Art

On my beach walk today (May 26), I always take my camera to capture great wildlife photos. There are always birds and many times things wash up onto the beach. But today, I saw some rocks along the dunes that looked like people had stacked. I took two pictures from the water line and decided I would get a closer view on my way back to the car.
Stacked rocks at the dune line
There also was some type of animal made from driftwood.
Animal made from driftwood
 Upon my return trip down the beach, I got closer to the rock and wood displays and found out it was actually nice art that somebody or some group had spent time on.  The Trojan horse actually looked more like a camel when I got closer. Maybe it was the sunglasses; I still have these images of Joe Camel from when I was younger, trying to sell me Camel cigarettes. The coconut feet just added to the beauty of this artistic creation.
Is it a Camel?
 I am not sure if my interpretation is correct, but I see a camel. Maybe it is like the Rorschach Ink Blots, telling things about my personality.  I am a jolly guy. Camel!
Head of the camel?
 Beyond the camel (maybe he is protecting the other objects) lies a roll of stacked rocks, that from the beach looked just like stacked rocks.
Rear of the Camel?
So I get to the dune line and I take a photo of all the rocks and the...let us just call it a camel. Hey, these are objects I know.
The stacked rocks on the dune line...
 The first formation/creation was definitely a loggerhead turtle.  I had been seeing tracks all along the beach (it is nesting season), and an artist had created a large one, made from coquina and other items that washed ashore.
Loggerhead Turtle made from stacked rocks
 I took another picture from straight on and you can see the sunglasses on the head. I guess it could be a Ninja Loggerhead Turtle.  We will call him "Coquina."
"Coquina" - a cool loggerhead turtle 
Then after the turtle were multiple mushrooms. Very creative with the colors.
Coquina mushrooms
 There was another loggerhead turtle and then three dolphins. Of course the dolphins are in the sand (or is it the water) swimming together.
Another loggerhead turtle

Three dolphins swimming
 You can see the one on the left has his tail fin out of the water...
Three dolphins swimming
This was cool and I never knew it was there. Maybe it is new or maybe it has been there all along. Again, that is why we should always check out the places around us. Sometimes the familiar is unfamiliar.

SpaceX launch later today so recharging camera batteries. I am retired and I found unexpected art!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023