Visit two new Breakfast Restaurants

I went to Jetty Park on Sunday morning to take pictures and just enjoy the scenery. After my walk, I decided I would go someplace for lunch.  I stopped across from the Baja Grill and used my phone to search for a restaurant on Google Maps. I had been to most places in the Port area but was thinking about trying the Preacher Pub in Cape Canaveral.  I was having trouble getting information on the place but noticed a new sushi place at the port. I thought, at least check the place out.

As I drove down toward the sushi place, I saw that there were no cars in front, maybe it was too early for lunch so I kept driving.  Just down the street was a new place with signs waving.
Outside of Charlie's Cafe
It looked like it was open so I stopped. It was not even in the Maps application as a place to stop so I knew it was pretty new. It looked okay and there were cars. I stopped. I am glad I did.  They are only open for breakfast and lunch but I was searching for something new.  The menu was short and sweet and the decor was very simple. I liked that they had signs made and there were fish on the wall. We were at the Port so I thought that was appropriate.
Menu - Breakfast

Sign on wall with two tables
Fish sculpture
Rest of inside
The place had seating for about 24 people inside and they did have some tables outside.  The waitress was quick to hand me the menu and give me the specials for the day.  One of the specials was an Eggs Benedict Charlie's Style.  This was two poached eggs served on a English muffin with Hollandaise sauce, but instead of Canadian Bacon it was sliced pork. There was a choice of home fries or grits. Sounded like a winner.
Eggs Benedict Charlie's Style
The food was great and the service was wonderful. I definitely will try this place again. I give the place a 3 (great). As I was leaving, the car next to me asked how the tour was. I said I just had breakfast and had not been to the Segway tours. I said I had seen people on the tours and they always look like they were having fun.

On Tuesday (this morning), I went on my bi-weekly beach walk. I have been trying to get out and enjoy the beach more often. I usually take my camera and catch some of the wildlife. I was planning to go home and make breakfast there. But I knew of this place in Indian Harbour Beach that I had never stopped at. It was called the Scrambled Egg Cafe and is located across from the Lowes.
Sign over the entrance.
There were people there and I had heard good things about the place. It was about 10:45 AM so I was in the mood for breakfast. Just like the previous place, they are only open for breakfast and lunch. The menu was extensive including omelettes, scrambles, sandwiches, eggs Benedict varieties, and traditional fare.

The decor of the place was quaint with many tables inside and out. One of the paintings on the wall was very unique.  They did have a bar with about six stools so that is where I sat.
Menu
Inside Scrambled Egg Cafe
Painting on wall
I decided to order my favorite: two eggs over easy, home fries, sausage links, and wheat toast.  The eggs were cooked perfectly, the toast was hot, the potatoes were just charred enough, and the sausage tasted like turkey or chicken. All things i could live with.
My breakfast at Scrambled Egg Cafe
I will say, the breakfast hit the spot after my 75 minute walk on the beach, and I did put some of that hot sauce on my eggs.  I give this place a 3 (great) also, and I will definitely stop in again when I need a good breakfast.  BTW, the staff was very nice also.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023