Amending Bucket List

Everyone's life is being changed by the coronavirus. My bucket list item to visit a new restaurant every two weeks will have to be amended. In reality, I hope I just get behind schedule. Speaking of behind schedule, I have not written a food blog post since last September. I did finish 2019 with 26 new places and I will get an overview posted. But in 2020, I have already have gone 12 weeks with no posts. Here are the six new places I have tried so far...

Open Mike's Coffee Lounge

This place is located just five minutes from my home, and I mean by walking. It use to be Discount Music, a store which sold musical instruments and supplies. Now it is (was and will be) a jamming place to be for local music and comedy. They also have some great food. The evening I went it was local songwriters night. Most of the tables were reserved but I was able to get a seat at the bar.


They are known fro their freshly grounded coffee but they also have beer and wine. The menu is not extensive but they have some interesting choices...


From the bar, there is a direct view of the stage area. This was my view...


I liked this sign on the wall behind the bar...


I ordered a panini with a small salad...


I forgot which panini I got, but I do remember that it had turkey on it. It was very good.


After I ate, I stayed for the entertainment. On this particular night they had four local song writers, performing their own music. I was very impressed with the caliber of the talent. It was a wonderful time and I plan to go back once the world gets back to normal...

I rate this place 3.0 (Great). They do serve lunch too.

Fiesta Azul Tequila House

I took my brother Tom on a cruise in late January and he came down a few days early. His son Brandon and his girlfriend Debbie went out with us to this Mexican Restaurant. It is located in the old Duffy's, across from the mall on Evans Road. I ordered a combo plate with a chicken enchilada and a beef tostada. Beans and rice were included. It was great.

I rate this place 3.0 (Great).

Doubles Beachside

Although I do not have any photos, I took Tom to the new Doubles located on A1A in Satellite Beach. They sold the place on South Patrick drive and I miss the Tiki Bar a lot. The new place still has the great food but I do not think they have duplicated the atmosphere of the old place. I rate this place a 2.5 (Good to Great). I think if I go again, I will just use the drive thru...

NCL Breakaway

I mentioned that Tom and I went on a 10 night cruise out of Port Canaveral on the NCL ship Norwegian Breakaway. We ate plenty and it was new to me so I am counting it as one place. The ship has multiple restaurants and bars.

This was a sauted rainbow trout with red potatoes and broccoli. Superb. They had lots of choices for buffets too including in the Brazilian Restaurant for breakfast. A photo from our seat...

I rate the food on the cruise at 3.5 (Great to Excellent).

Country Barn Cafe

This is a new comfort food restaurant that opened in the past year. Located off Wickham Road in a plaza that use to be on Nasa Blvd before it was moved to meet up with Ellis Road. My borther Tom and I went after the cruise for breakfast and I really enjoyed the friendliness of the people and the food was pretty good too. They have tables and booths, the view from our booth...


The decor is kind of like a Country Barn, so they do have an appropriate name...


When I go to a breakfast place for the first time, I usually like to order the hash with two eggs over easy. Because of the cruise, I ordered the tomatoes instead of the potatoes. The wheat toast was wonderful.


My brother Tom ordered two eggs, bacon, hash browns with wheat toast...

The breakfast was wonderful. They also serve lunch.  I rate this place at 3.0 (Great).

WAWA in Melbourne

I have included this place because they actually make a really good sandwich at a reasonable price. The one is located on the corner of US1 and 192 (the Melbourne Causeway). It is kind of a pain to get in and out because the traffic is so heavy there. The food was great but I rate this store at 2.5 (Good to Great).

Repeat Favorites

I like to post photos of my food on Google Maps where I am a Google Guide. My photos have 2,204,309 views. Here are a few of my 2020 stops at favorite places...

Mainstreet Pub in Downtown Melbourne

Winter Salad

Senor Loco Tacos in Indian Harbour Beach

Skirt steak


Siam Orchid on Nasa in Melbourne

Rainbow Roll & JB Temaka

Niki's Rainbow on A1A in north Satellite Beach

Combo Platter: Gyro meat, spinach pie, grape leaves and pita

Siam Orchid (again) in Melbourne

Sushi Mori A: 9 pieces Nigiri & California Roll
I should mention that I have been going for years to Siam Orchid and I know the sushi chef well. He treats me good and you can see that each piece of Nigiri is large and he added a sliced strawberry too. There is something to becoming a regular at a place...

El Ambia Cubano near Crane Creek in Downtown Melbourne

Ropa Vieja & Presidente beer from Dominica


At this time, I am right on schedule with six new places in 12 weeks, but that is going to change with the current situation. With most restaurants closed and a few serving takeout, it will be hard to keep pace, but I can always catch up down the road, assuming they ever let us leave our home again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023