Gardens and Art at Shelburne

The Blue Track shows my blog discussion so far, and the red will be today's post. I went to the Shelburne Museum in Vermont last fall. I highly recommend a visit.





After leaving the steamship Ticonderoga, I headed over to the Pleissner Center. This area of the Museum has lots of gardens. This also have signs detailing what the plants are. This garden was just outside the Pleissner Center. Lots of purples and yellows...


I really liked the bird bath that was displayed amongst the flowers. I think those kids have been there a long time. Hang on!


The Pleissner Center is home to a recreation of the art studio of Ogden Pleissner when he lived in Manchester Vermont. When I was working for ENSCO, we held one of out Technical Conferences at the Equinox in Manchester. Beautiful little town. On the porch of the center was this bench. I should have checked to see who designed it, all I know it is real cool!


This si the recreation of the art studio of Ogden. Pretty nice!


The plaque outside the studio...


This is a Pleissner watercolor of Camel's Hump in Vermont.


The following painting is an oil by Pleissner of the Dorset Valley in Vermont. Dorset is the next town up from Manchester.


The walkway to the Owl Cottage was lined with plenty of colorful flowers. Not sure the significance of the Owl on the pole, or why they call this the Owl Cottage...


I would say to stop and smell the flowers but make sure you check for insects first. These garden were very busy with small wildlife. I thought this may be a month, but found it is called a Painted Lady Butterfly.


Honeybees were busy gathering nectar from flower to flower...


I liked the combination of red and purple....


There was a extra large chair in front of the Owl Cottage.


One of the gardens was circular, looking south was a great view of the lighthouse.


This the map of the flowers located in the garden...


In the very middle of this circular garden was a statue...



There were also bumble bee collecting nectar...


Another purple flower...


They must have quite the garden staff at Shelburne Museum, because everything was blooming and in beautiful shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023