Two New Breakfast Spots

Recently, I have eaten at two new breakfast places. Both were new to me and were added to my Bucket List. Here is a quick review of these establishments.

The first place, is new to me in its current location. Back in the day, it was located on the Indiatlantic Boardwalk but hurricanes took care of (knocked down) the building and it was finally demolished. When it was actually beachside, I went to it almost twice a month and enjoyed the service and the food. But then hurricanes took that all away from us and I did not go back. Until now.

The place moved to a smaller spot located along Fifth Avenue in Indiatlantic. I am not sure why it took me almost 20 years to get back, but I am glad I did.


Parking is kind of a problem because you have to go to Sixth Avenue to find a spot. Here is a Google map to the spot.


After parking, you enter from the back and find a door to the Café. Once in, I found there were waitresses wanting to seat you and since the booths were the most popular, I took a middle table. The view from my seat...

 My main reason for going was because I was craving HASH and I saw online that they served it! I went and ordered it with two eggs over easy, hash browns, and wheat toast.

It was delicious. As I pigged down the food like there was no tomorrow, I saw that there was a joke on a surfboard. Funny!

My waitress, at the station where you pay the bill. She was great!

After pigging out and paying my bill, I took this photo of the sign near the back parking lot. I wonder now why I HAVE NOT been going here. There are as good as they were when they were truly beachside. I will not make that mistake again. I give the place a 3.0 (Great).

Another place I use to go to a lot was called Sun on the Beach. I loved their Greek Omelet. They moved north to Satellite Beach where I visited a few times, but sadly they finally closed. But a new place opened where they use to be called Morning Glory.

The menu was presented without prices, but a sheet was attached (at the top) with each item and the current price. I realize that in this day and age, prices are very volatile, so I understand where they are coming from.


My coffee!

The new place has done some renovations to the original SOB, and I like what they have done. The original bar is now where the restrooms are and they have added a new bar pictured below.


For some reason, I have made Eggs Benedict as my new test for a new breakfast place. This is what they served and I cleaned the plate. This is the first place they asked me how I wanted my poached eggs, soft, medium or hard. I choose soft because I love running yolks. Delicious.

Like SOB, they still have the back deck outside. Today was a little cloudy and stormy so it would have been a great choice. There were lots of people out there.



I give Morning Glory a 3.0 (Great) and I know I will go back. Anyone want to go with me?


Comments

  1. Thanks for the reviews... haven't been to Beachside since they storm as well... never been to Morning Glory... Jose M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023