Fourth New Restaurant of 2017

Well, my quest for the best Bloody Mary led me to a new restaurant. I had just marked in my list that a new Barbecue restaurant had opened in 2016. It is located on A1A in Cape Canaveral at the site of a previous restaurant I went to in 2015. Back then it was called Mad Jacks Grillin Shack and I visited there with Julie & Curtis Deily. Now it is called Graham's Smokehouse and I went with Jim Middlebrooks this past Friday.
Sign on A1A for Graham's Smokehouse
The sign is not real big but the building is a much better advertisement for the place. Jim had heard it was good from a friend and he wanted to try it. We had four Bloody Marys over four hours and we needed some food before we headed home.
Front facade of Graham's Smokehouse
We were kindly greeted as we entered and told we could sit anywhere. We picked a table near where the waitresses travel between the dining room and kitchen. I borrowed a photo from their website...
The staff at Graham's Smokehouse (our table on the right)
Our table was on the right and our waitress was the cute one fourth from the left.I think her name was Kaelin. Jim and I both ordered a large water since we needed rehydration (from all the walking of course).
I took a photo of the menu not realizing there were lights above us. It was a typical barbecue menu.
Graham's Smokehouse Menu (one page only)
 Jim ordered the Brisket sandwich and I ordered the half BBQ chicken. Jim waited patiently for his food...
Jim with his large water
 The great thing about a barbecue place is the food always comes out quick. Kaelin had brought our food out and I took a picture of both Jim's sandwich and my chicken...
Jim's Brisket Sandwich with fries
 They had four different barbecue sauces on the table including sweet, regular, hot, and Carolina which is mustard based. I tried the Carolina and it was very good...
BJ's half chicken with green beans, cole slaw, and sweet cornbread.
No fancy plate for me, it looked like a small roasting pan. Mine was great but Jim said the Brisket was a little tough, but he is old and maybe his teeth don't work so well. Just kidding Jim. My chicken just fell off the bone and was very tasty. I think they must smoke it! Oh yeah, it is a smokehouse.

I give the place a rank of 3.0 (great) and I will go back to try some other things. I see they also serve breakfast. Graham's Smokehouse was worth the stop.

Jim used the bathroom so I took a few photos of the wall hangings. A lot can be said about a place by what they present as decor...
Photo on wall at Grahams
Sign on wall at Grahams
 I am now caught up on new restaurants for 2017 and I am on pace for one restaurant every two weeks. It does not mean I will not go to more, I will just not try to go to less...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023