Do lunch at Paddler's Pub

Growing up in Middlebury, Vermont, we spent a lot of our summer time at Lake Dunmore.  Two places I remember are Branbury Beach, the State Park on the East side of the lake, and the Waterhouses, the privately owned Campground and Marina on the West side. On this trip I was looking for a place to eat lunch so I posted the query on FaceBook. My cousin Courtney mentioned Paddler's Pub, a place she works. So I headed down Route 7 to the Lake. Too bad Courtney was working dinner but I already had plans. It was lunch or not!

I do not remember a time when the Waterhouses were not there. I saw one web site say it opened in 1963 and another said 1876. Whatever is the right date, it seems to be all of my life.
Sign along the Road
Sign in the Parking Lot
The place was not to crowded but it was Monday. Some of the choices people gave me were closed. A lot of restaurants are closed on Monday in Vermont. It must be the Monday blues. No one wants to go to work on Mondays. I saw at the bar and was given a menu by the bartender/waitress Emily.
Paddler's Pub Menu



I saw that they had Switchback on tap, may as well order one, I won't be seeing it again in Florida.
My Switchback beer on the Bar at Paddler's Pub
From my barstool, I could watch the boats and the swimmers out of the Pub window. The water looks cold but it always looks that way in Vermont.
Window onto Lake Dunmore from Pub bar
The menu was rather extensive...
Menu at Peddler's Pub

Paddler's Pub back page menu
I started with a Caesar Salad. Emily asked if I wanted anchovies on that. I declined but I was very happy they asked. Most places do not anymore....
Caesar Salad with Home-made croutons
I ordered the Satan's Kingdon MeltThe sandwich usually comes with fries but I had asked for the salad. I actually saw the chef go to the walk-in cooler to get the Romaine lettuce. It defintely was a fresh salad. And the sandwich was big and filling...
Satan's Kingdom Melt at Paddler's Pub
I told Emily I was the cousin of Courtney. She said she loved Courtney so I asked her for a photo to share with Courtney. I think she looks kind of like Ellen Page from Juno....
My waitress Emily at Paddler's Pub
After finishing my sandwich, salad, and beer, I took a walk out on the dock for some photos. I have included a few here. Fond memories were made on this lake so I always make an effort to visit...
The Marina at Waterhouses in Salisbury Vermont
Rattlesnake Point as seen from West side of Lake Dunmore
The food was great and the atmosphere was nice. I will give the place a 4 (Excellent) on my scale. I defintely will be back because there were lots on the menu I wanted to try. But it will have to wait until my next Vermont experience and adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023