Going to a Wedding in Vermont - Part IX

After dessert, it was time to get out of the dress shirt and long pants and get back into my normal wear for the past two years of retirement, shorts and a golf shirt. My clothes were up at the Inn so again, I made the walk. No one was up there but I did check in on the bird family nesting on the front porch. My God, there were five of them in that little nest. Nice family photo I took.
Old Lantern Inn porch nest
When I got back to the Barn, it was great to see that the bride had also gone comfortable. Here she is dancing with a friend...
Kayla dancing
My brother John changed behind Jared's truck. When he came out buttoning his shirt, something looked kind of funny. I yelled to John to put the little boy back in his pants. I zoomed in with my camera to take a picture of what it was; it was just his belt sticking out.
Brother John enjoying himself while dressing
Somehow, the photographer was able to convince Kayla to get back into her wedding dress for some more photos. I caught these with a zoom lens, as they were on the hill and I was under the maple tree.
The Bride and Groom - Cheers!
Israel & Kayla
The sun was starting to set and the temperature out side was beautiful. There could not have been more perfect weather for this wedding and reception. People started to migrate outside to enjoy conversation and beers under the maple tree.
(Name forgotten) & Ben
Josh, Brandon, Tom, & John - all Provonchas
The dance floor was crowded as the evening went on. The DJ was good and playing the hits people liked to dance to. I was enjoying the beer...although I think I ordered it as Switchblade once and Swingblade and of course Switchback...
Wedding Crashers?
A sea of Blue....
Which one is Ben?
I am sorry to say, but I did not make it over to the photo booth. It looked like a lot of fun and people were having a great time. But I like to take pictures and not be in them. I have included a sample of the activity at the photo booth...

Photo Booth fun or How stupid of a hat can I find?
Earlier in the day, Izzy had asked my opinion about hanging flags. These flags were the colors for his re-enactment group, and six members were an active part of the wedding, I said it would be appropriate...Plus, it was his wedding! He could do whatever he wanted...



The Switchback beer was taking its toll on me, and I was getting ready tired. There was talk of a bonfire and that would be great, but I had a nice bed at the Inn. It was beckoning me so I went to bed. It had been a beautiful day!

Next morning, I got up for the continental breakfast that Lisa had prepared. Coffee, orange juice, bagel, and my new favorite, Vermont Greek yogurt with Strawberries and Blueberries. To my surprise, people started to come down. I think the Inn was full, all people from the wedding. To my greater surprise, the newlyweds were up, ready to start their new life together.
Newlyweds Kayla and Israel
Gatien was up too. And no, the keg was not part of the continental breakfast but was just being stored safely. The bonfire had happened and someone left the keg in the Inn. Sounds like they had even more fun after I had gone to bed! I must have slept pretty good because I did not hear them at all.
Gatien Gaujac - a great guy!
I knew the week was ending and I was going to check out of the Inn and head back to Middlebury. I asked Lisa if I could get one last picture of her with the young couple, Israel and Kayla! No problem!
Israel, Kayla, & Lisa
It was June 19th, Father's Day. John and Jared were going to be at Rosie's in Middlebury for a breakfast buffet. Brother Tom and his two sons Brandon and Josh were joining us. Izzy said he would love to show up too. After an interesting breakfast, I was able to capture this photo of John, a proud father on Father's day, with his two sons Israel and Jared. There is nothing better than family!
Israel, John, Jared
Sad to say, but this ends Part IX and the series of posts about my adventure of going to a wedding in Vermont. I flew out early Tuesday from Burlington back to Melbourne. When I got home; the lawn needed mowing, bills were stacking up, and life was back to ordinary...

But for one week, my life was extraordinary. I never dreamed when I made my reservations to Vermont for the wedding, that I would have such a wonderful time and meet so many nice people. I want to thank everyone for being so kind and hospitable. I especially want to thank Izzy and Kayla, for allowing me to be a participant in their story, to actively help in the rehearsal and wedding, and to feel I was needed.

If you have been reading my recap in this blog, you can see I had access to pretty much everything. I will admit I took advantage of it, and I am so glad I did. I am gratified! So, what's the next adventure?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023