Going to a Wedding in Vermont - Part VIII

The ceremony was over but the party was just beginning.
Izzy on a stoop, dreaming of the day he would be married
I have included this photo for two reasons.  The first reason is that it shows a contemplating Israel, happily sitting amongst his re-enactment friends, after a long day doing battle. He is thinking "Life is pretty great and in June, I will be married!"  The second reason is it shows a group of people who have had a day of accomplishments, just like the wedding party and organizers, and now it is time to go party and to celebrate how wonderful life is!
Wedding Party heads back to the Old Lantern Barn
The barn was not just a place to get out of the sun, it was a place where family and friends were gathering to partake in a grand reception for the bride and groom. To find a cold drink, a nibble of food, maybe use the restroom. I found the bar and the cold beer on tap, one of which was Switchback. Oh well, my memories of the day would be gone, but that is why I brought my trusty camera. To act as my memory.

The photographer on the left is Hing Kur. He was hired to capture the day for the newly married couple. I have seen some of the teasers he has posted which I shared on my Facebook page. He was nice, professional, and was always saying please and thank you. I have been to weddings where the professional photographer becomes a mad general, ordering all the troops into battle. Hing was just a professional photographer trying to capture the best pictures. He asked me to get the candid shots...I hope I have succeeded.

Many photos were taken of the different families in attendance. The Nelson family was there and it was nice to see them. A few were missing but I was happy to see the ones that were there.
Grandma Nelson and her family
I missed many of the early photos because I was doing exactly what Kayla is doing in the next picture. Sipping a cold beer. I was also eating h'orderves; I especially liked the escargot on potato. I heard Izzy had eaten almost a full plate of the escargots, very rich food. They were delicious!
Kayla sips a beer while on a photo break
After the Nelsons, the Provonchas were called in for their group shot. Jared did a great job of photobombing my shot. Typical Provoncha! I told Jared that "I'd rather be a smart ass then a dumb shit!"
Sarah, Jared, Brandon (blocked by bride), Kayla, Israel, Tom, Josh, John
Proud father with his two sons and new daughter-in-law!
John, Kayla, Izzy, Jared
Up next was Kayla's family, the Thibaults....
Thibault Family Portrait in landscape
I liked the next photo, bride with flower girl and groom with ring bearer...
Kid practice!
After the photos were over outside, everyone was called into the Barn for the official presentation of the Bride and Groom and wedding party. I think the soldiers were planning some kind of assault or line dance, but it did not occur in my presence...
Re-enactment Soldiers on Dance Floor at Old Lantern Barn
The last to be introduced were the bride and groom. What a beautiful couple!
Introduction of Kayla & Izzy
Israel was the first of the speeches (or celebratory toasts) that occurred. I was not using my flash because I did not want to interrupt any of Hing's pictures, so some of my photos are darker than I like. But at the same time, the darkness adds some ambiance/mystique to the photo. So although Izzy is kind of dark in the next photo, the bride was naturally lit, or maybe it was just her aura, or the joy beaming out. Her dad stands aside as her husband gives a very heartfelt, emotional talk. I was proud of Izzy, it appeared he was not going to make it through the speech, but he persisted and I found that historical.
Groom Toast with Bride watching on.
One of the reasons Israel was getting emotional was due to two people that I had just met for the first time, Lisa and Roland (Chef). He had been working for them off and on for twenty years or more.  They were not just the event organizers and owners of the Old Lantern; they were family. Thank you to both Lisa and Roland for making this day so special. I know why Izzy was near tears...
Lisa and Chef
As Izzy continued his toast I saw that Kayla was trying to get Nathaniel to look at him. I love this photo!
Kayla pointing at her new husband
Next up were Ariana and Jared. Both did great jobs. I had the honor to be at the table with my brothers and nephews, but Jared was talking to the bride and groom so all I got was back. And Jared's got back...
Ariana Toast
Jared Toast
Then there was a blur because it was time to eat dinner, or the Switchback was switching back my memory. The food was so good that I forget to take pictures of it. I know there were homemade mashed potatoes, string beans, golden beets, salmon cooked in a Maple/Soy sauce and Peppered London Broil with Au Jus...

Then I went to take pictures of the desserts before they were disturbed. I wanted to make sure that I could show Izzy saw how beautiful everything was...See Izzy, everything was beautiful!
Right side of dessert table
Left side of the dessert table
The Wedding cake with home-made frosting
Izzy had made some cupcakes out of Guinness Stout. He added Bailey's Cream to the frosting. I think I had two of those....

Then the couple arrived to cut the wedding cake. I was already at the table so I took a few pictures. I like that I got Hing with his flash going. Kayla's uncle and aunt were the other photographers.

Bride and Groom cutting wedding cake
Bride Kayla wiping cake off the mouth of the groom Israel at the Old Lantern Barn

This ends Part VIII....Part IX will contain the rest of the evening and should conclude my story/adventure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT Trip - Steve's Park Diner

Go to a retirement lunch

VT Trip - 2023