"Savoy Truffle"

 Food! Food! Glorious Food!

This post is mostly random thoughts I have been having the past few months about food, drink, bucket list items, and my health. I started to go out more to be more social but then I saw that I started to gain weight. I had toned down my bucket list item to eat at one new eating establishment every week, which I did for three years, down to one new place every two weeks which I also did for three years. Then the pandemic dropped that down to only six new places per year. But it is getting harder for me, reason unknown, to hit new places.

So I started thinking that maybe I should change the list to be just 52 different places in the year. Some that are new, some that are old favorites, and some that I went to once as new but never gave a second chance after the first visit. What a great idea but I am not sure how to organize a spreadsheet; there has to be a spreadsheet...

So I visited the Zoo for some guidance and introspective thought...


What do those animals know, they eat inside the dishes, they become the food. So I asked myself, what would make me happy? Eat out every day and drink as much beer as I want. Nope, not healthy. Well, let us think about alcohol. I like it, beer being my number one choice most often.

I could take pictures of the taps at each place and share that on Google Maps. There are apps that keep track of what beers are served at which establishments, but that seems like a lot of work. Here are some pictures I took recently of taps... Urban Prime in Viera...they have their own beer...


The taps at Frigates in Eau Gallie...

The taps at 4th Street Filling Station in Cocoa Beach, located at the corner of A1A and 4th Street...

For a while I was searching for the Best Bloody Mary in the World. I have past posts about it but one of my partners had a hear attack and his wife would not let me take him out anymore. Bloody Mary's are very social. My nephew Jason is suppose to make me one so I need to just find a new group to hit the Bloody Mary road with me. This one was at the 4th Street Filling Station, I had it with breakfast (photo below) after a rocket launch.


Socially I do go out to eat with others sometimes. My good friend Nancy joined me for a breakfast/lunch at Palms Shores Bistro on US 1 south of the Pineda Causeway. Nancy got the BBQ shrimp & Grits.


I got the Eggs Benedict with grits at the same place aka PSB. I have only recently started to test a new breakfast place by how good their Eggs Benedict are. And now there are so many varieties. Maybe I should start a spreadsheet for the Best Eggs Benedict in the World.


Speaking of eggs, you have to try the Scotch Eggs at Archie's in Melbourne. Another Best of?


I do try to eat healthy once in a while. See, the beer is yellow! This was a salad with seafood on top at Tide &Tonic in Indian Harbour Beach.

Although it is not an official bucket list item to find the World's Best, I did ask on Facebook one time for people's favorite places to get a Reuben Sandwich. I mage a list of 15 places and visited 7. The best I scored was the one I had at Two Brothers Tavern in Middlebury, recommended by my brother Tom. But recently, I found this at Cadillac Cove in Satellite Beach, Reuben Fries.


I also have decided that I need to be more exotic in what I  make at home. I had an inkling for scallops but they were so expensive at restaurants that I decided to make my own. I served them over rice after pan-frying them in olive oil. 

Also, I have my favorite places but I also usually have my favorite food at the place. I think I need to be more exotic in my food selection. I went to Squid Lips in Melbourne, and tried the Bacon wrapped plantains. Never had before but definitely will try again. Not great for the diet though.

In Cocoa Beach, there a place called the Sandbar that has great food including fish and shrimp tacos. Now they are in Satellite Beach on A1A. Of course I went, multiple times already.

Then I find on Tuesdays that the tacos are half price and so are the beers during Happy Hour.


Here are some of my favorite foods at my favorite places, all visited in the last few months...

Oysters on the half shell at Rusty's at Port Canaveral.

Tuna Poke Bowl at Dolphin's Waterfront Bar & Grill on Merritt Island

Any breakfast at Morning Glory in Indian Harbour Beach on A1A.

Long hot dog at Long Doggers located in many spots in the county, this one was in Cocoa Beach

Lobster Roll at New England Eatery on A1A south of Melbourne Beach. Maybe a Candidate for BEST in World search. Nancy and I also tried the lobster roll at Mainely Lobster in Cocoa Beach.

Mussels, a go to for me at Squid Lips in Melbourne.

Rainbow Roll at Frigates in Eau Gallie.

Caesar Salad with shrimp and white anchovies at Rising Tide in Port Canaveral.


And today I went to Thai Thai 2 in Indiatlantic. I always get the sushi Bento with salad, but today I got the egg drop soup.

But I still got the sushi Bento Box...Notice the drink is water...

And I even had a eating buddy, or at least he watched me through the window. It was too hot and humid for people to sit on the deck,

Example Lyric from Title Song

Creme tangerine and Montelimar
A ginger sling with a pineapple heart
Coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news
But you'll have to have them all pulled out
After the Savoy truffle

Notes on Title

"Savoy Truffle" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1968 album The Beatles (also known as "the White Album"). The song was written by George Harrison and inspired by his friend Eric Clapton's fondness for chocolate. The lyrics list the various flavours offered in Mackintosh's Good News chocolates and serve as a warning to Clapton about the detrimental effect that his gorging would have on his teeth. Along with Clapton's guest appearance on the White Album track "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and Harrison reciprocating on Cream's "Badge", it is one of several songs that mark the start of a long-lasting musical association between the two guitarists.



Comments

  1. You have given me some great suggestions for things to try next time we go out to eat! That lobster roll from New England Eatery looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should share random thoughts more often… this was a fun read 😎 … Jose M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Memory - BJ with others

"All You Need Is Love"

"I Am the Walrus"