Zoo Time 2026

 Since having become a member at Brevard Zoo, I make more visits and take more photographs. It becomes east to be overwhelmed by all the pictures. I currently have 484 Giraffe shots. Way to many. In organizing, I have learn to let a "good" shot go and delete. I only need to keep "great", "excellent", and "memorable". That is also too many.

As I try to figure this out, I have come up with five different classes of Zoo shots:

  1. POSING: the animal appears to be posing for my photo
  2. EATING: the animal is eating something or looking for food
  3. RESTING: the animal is resting or napping or lying out of the Florida heat
  4. TRAINING: the animal is working with a keeper
  5. SEXY: the animal is about to have sex, is having sex, or wishing for sex

Here are the latest Zoo visit photographs. Of course this is just a few. I usually take between 100 and 200 photographs in one visit. Many are repeats to get the "great" shot.

As far as the sex, one of the Zoo's functions is to help grow an endangered species. They work with other Zoos to pair off animals for procreation. Our Zoo has had a lot of success but I do not have lots of photos.

POSING and EATING - One of three Ankole Watusi cattle near train tracks

RESTING - Two of the three Colobus Monkeys; hoping for SEXY

RESTING - Two Colobus Monkeys high up in trees

SEXY - the male Ostrich is lying on the eggs recently layed

POSING - a Meerkat giving me the eye

SEXY - the male Reeves Muntjac chasing the female (I was told raised tail means she is ready)

RESTING - mother Red Kangaroo with her little Joey

RESTING - the Joey is still halve in pouch

POSING - the Joey is relaxing but then Mom stood up and he fell out

SEXY - although Joey wants back in, mom took opportunity for some cleaning...the Zoo has been successful in breeding the kangaroos


RESTING - the three Galapagos Tortoises and an emu

EATING - Black Bear Cheyenne foraging for food

EATING - Black Bear Cheyenne foraging for food

POSING - although not an official Zoo animal,
this Green Heron likes to hang out by the Alligators and Crocodiles

RESTING - Emerald Green Boa in tree

POSING - Emerald Green Boa giving me a smile

SEXY - the female Jaguar Lua hearing the male, the Zoo is trying to get Lua and Khan to mate

EATING and POSING - the White-throated Capuchin gives me a pose between bites

EATING - the White Faced Saki male enjoying breakfast

RESTING - the Roseate Spoonbill taking a stretch in front of the Red Ibis

POSING - the male Bongo letting me get a shot through the trees

SEXY - the Ostrich eggs with the male gone

RESTING - the Ostrich pair with the Impalas in the shade

SEXY - the two newest Impalas, born only two weeks ago


RESTING - the two female Rhinoceros,
the Zoo sent the male to another Zoo

SEXY - they say that one or two of the Giraffes are pregnant

POSING - a Giraffe

EATING - the Radiated Tortoise enjoying his bountiful breakfast

I hope you enjoyed my Zoo pictures. Which ones should I delete?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More New Restaurants

"Tell Me What You See" (Digital Hoarding XVI)

Lunch with Kathi & Bob Thieme